RBTA -- splitting like crazy!!!

Jetbkk

About a year ago I bought a medium sized RBTA. It has now split 11 times -- yes, 11 --- and I have RBTA's all over my tank. And they aren't small either. Many of them are as big as the original one that I bought.

Obviously they are loving my tank, and I have 3 other anemone's in my tank as well that are doing fine (different species).

At first I thought this was cool, but the reality now is that they are damaging some of my SPS corals and becoming a real nuisance.

I need to either take some of them out, or move them to a suitable location in the tank where they aren't causing any damage. SO -- does anyone have any tips for moving RBTA's? I know it isn't easy once they've latched onto a place they are happy with. I don't want to break down my whole aqua scape.

Thanks for any advice!

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
put the nem on the rock, into a storage tub of water(rectangular works best). Point a strong powerhead directly at the rock 4-6 inches from the powerhead, but turn the rock sideways so the flow goes across the rock. The nem will get unhappy and let go, and be blown down to the other end. There its easy to get them off a flat surface.