HELP! Ram max e 170 sump

peter0688

Hi all I'm a beginner to marine aquariums and have just bought a max e 170 with cabinet sump I thought I'd just ask if i have set the sump up properly.

As I'm new I knew diving in with a sump would b a challenge I've followed the instructions and just wanted some advice before I started filling the tank that if done everything correct.

DaveK

Pictures of how you did your installation will help a lot. Be sure and show the entire water flow through your sump. This will take multiple pictures.

Since this is a new tank with nothing in it, you can fill the system with FW and look for problems in water flow and for leaks. Be sure to test it by simulating a power failure. Unplug it and make sure the sump can hold all the live water in the system, and that you don't get a flood upon restart.

peter0688

Hi dave I've been trying to upload a few but I'm having issues atm will try to ASAP thanks for the reply anyway I appreciate it

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie: