R/O Water Sales?

bennyd

Ok, I have looked all over the internet, asked all of my LFS(they all tell me that all of their filters are all out of date and haven't been replaced yada yada yada)

They did however suggest going to ClearWater and buying water, I think this would be expensive, it's about 7$ per 5g bottle IF those big blue drinking bottles of water are R/O water...

Can anyone help me out here? There's no way I can afford to buy/purchase an R/O UNIT.

chrome91

go to grocery stores. I dont want to bother with a RO machine so i bought 3 5g jugs for $30 and i get refills for $1 each

Scooterman

Can you find Distilled water at your local store? Distilled depending on the process it is usually as good if not better than RO/DI.

Over time though I still consider a RO/DI unit one of the most important pieces of equipment one should first get.

sambrinar

I don't have access to any RO/DI and all I use is distilled until I can get a unit, that is exactly what I do... go to Walmart or grocery store and buy distilled

Walmart is where I get mine when I can't get to the lfs. It is about 33 cents a gallon for water, and you just mix in your salt.

You can always run an ad in your newspaper and see if you have someone local that has an ro/di unit and will sell you water. I have a friend in Arizona who lives in the middle of dessert and did this, as she is 45 minutes away from even nearest grocery store.

bennyd

Well thank you all very much for your responses, I was under the impression that I was not able to use distilled water...

I just called the ClearWater systems people to check on renting an R/O unit, it's like 20$ a month for a 50gpd unti or around 50gpd... I can buy 5 gallon bottles of R/O water from them for $3.86 each. Total is 7$ a bottle because they want a deposit on the bottle. So I guess I will be going and buying 6 or 7 bottles for this first time.

Unless of course I can talk my family into buying or renting the R/O unit, this will stop us from going and buying bottled drinking water by the gallon! LoL

That's still a great deal on ro water. I pay $1.89 a gallon at the lfs.

If you get the bottles of water and reuse the same bottles over again, you won't have to pay the deposit will you? I can't believe the prices people get their ro water at. Ours is outrageous! I stuck with the walmart water.

BWI

If you were to add up all the money spent on buying the water and driving you can really save on buying a unit from US, or any of the other sponsors.. U can really save in the long run and also use the units for drinking water in your house also, not for just your tank! 2 birds with 1 stone.

BWI

Well, my local ClearWater Systems dealer has 50GPD units that are rent to own for about 10$ a month.

to be honest, u can do what you want. But it is always cheaper to buy the units out right then leasing or financing them.. For one i have never heard of that before and also what are the filter specs on it?