Quick ID

plecosword

alright, I got 2 things, I have this plant growing really fast, its in my refugium now.
eh002.jpg

eh004.jpg

the second thing is this white stick, right in the middle of the star polyps. its looks like a round white stick, with very bright green hair on it. the hair is really short.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The plant is some type of "Macro-Algae" and yes it's VERY fast growing! I mean you can almost WATCH it grow. Not sure of the exact ID but I'm sure someone will soon :)

plecosword

The plant is some type of "Macro-Algae" and yes it's VERY fast growing! I mean you can almost WATCH it grow. Not sure of the exact ID but I'm sure someone will soon :)
yeah I knew it was that, but I just cant find it anywere. its really cool looking though.

SeahorseBT

Kill the caulerpa! It is called suction cup caulerpa and unless you have a herbivore it will take over your tank. Thats what happened in my nano.

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
I have that caulerpa too!!! You can watch it grow....I just keep plucking away until I get a fuge setup.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Here is a VERY accurate description on it from ReefCleaners.org

Suction Cup Caulerpa
Suction Cup Caulerpa is a prolific green macroalgae that looks great but can sometimes spread to quickly and overrun your tank without proper trimming.THIS PRODUCT CANNOT BE SENT TO CALIFORNIA.

plecosword

what does this men? I got an illigal plant in my tank? THIS PRODUCT CANNOT BE SENT TO CALIFORNIA BECAUSE IT IS BANNED THERE. IF YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT. (...)WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE HARSHNESS OF THIS POLICY BUT WE HAVE NO INTENTION OF GETTING YOU OR OURSELVES IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW.****

tippMANn98

that looks just like some green feather dusters I have in the middle of my red zoas colony.

tippMANn98

I made sure they were dusters too...They are soooo small, I cant even HOPE to catch a snapshot...I was just comparing for you....