Q&A for a Fuge?

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
yes I have been waiting on u to show these pics....until I move, i do not want to use up my under stand space, I'l tell you...I HAVE ZERO room to store ANYTHING, our little 650 sqft apt is MAXED.

Witfull

a 29g DT with a 150 fuge,,,,,sounds workable~

im just throwing ideas out there,,,,sometimes they stick to the wall, sometimes they dont....others are saved for future reference~

reefsmoker

man your fast...understandable it was a big thing for me to make that decision on pretty much cramming everything in there, hopefully i can squeeze a aqua c remora in there too, in a month or so, my wife took all my credit cards away.....

tippMANn98

Pods, macros, I have some unwanted macros growing, and I would like a place for them OTHER then killing and smothering my corals.

tippMANn98

Yea, Im gonna try...I just dont remember these crap filters costing so much...$80 for the large!!

Jump in with both feet ! ....i think it was Nike who said

"just do it"

you will be so happy you added a nice LARGE fuge ..... no whimpy fuge

it's the cinch sack "Hefty" lol

come on you know you want to ..... ;)

tippMANn98

I KNOW I WANT TO....But I look at cost too....If I spend $80 on this for a "DIY" fuge, why not just spend another $80 so $160 for a brand new CPR fuge? I DONT KNOW...I was torn this same way last night in deciding on a Dolphins jersey....teal or orange, authentic(numbers are patches that were stitched) for $80, IM the exact way in the cereal Isle at the Grocery store, If I cant decide, I usually end up with nothing, its so frustrating!!!! I am just a weird person I guess, indecisive when it comes to big decisions like cereal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'd wait and get the BUILT one to be honest! I built mine and when it was all said and done I looked back and said, " I shoulda got the OTHER one!"

I agree with the comment above ... I also built mine out of a 30 gallon and actually had glass cut and the edges polished ...... the stupid glass was over 100 bucks for 6 small panes that were less than 12" x 12" ..... stupid sump/fuge... so yeah ..... when i start the new 120 that will be upstairs plumbed to my fish room in the basement ..... I'm buying me one instead of making it myself !

tippMANn98

I THANK YOU ALL for those that gave me some insight, or input, or even those that played advocate...Im gonna have to go home an sit on this......Maybe I will try the DIY fuge, and wait and go big when I get a biggun!

tippMANn98

I found the large one on ebay for $50 "buy it now" price, no auction....All around here they are upwards of $80+

tippMANn98

ok, ok, so check this out........I was lookin on craigslist, and in my area searched for "aquaclear" and one popped up as 2 magnum 350 cans. for $60, i looked at the listing and it said, to make it sweeter I would throw in 2 AC 500(the large one) and 1 for parts, so thats 3(2 work, 1 doesnt). I just got of the phone with him, I told him I was interested in only the ACs as the magnums are not of any use to me....he said he would give me all 3 ACs for $25, BOOOM!!! and he lives in the same town.
he said 2 work fine, the impeller shaft broke on the third, but the rest is all in good shape....spell it------> S C O R E !!!!

Next I will pick up that corallife 2x9w 6500k PC lamp for $30, so thats a 4 gallon fuge for $55, things work out just fine sometimes!

tippMANn98

oh crap.....nevermind...I just measured and looked....I dont think either of them will fit anywhere on the tank...the skimmer is in the way in the middle back, and on either side the lights legs are in the way!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like its a cpr for me.....