Purchasing LED lighting PLEASE HELP~

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I do recommend you stick with a well-known brand with a good warranty and buy from a reputable retailer with good customer service. The ultra cheap LED lights you may see on eBay or Amazon all cut corners that reduce the efficiency and lifespan of the light. When you find one you're interested in post a link and we'll give you some more feedback.

I just now saw I repeated a lot of what you already said... Great Job reefer gladness
:thumber:

reefer gladness

Taotronics LED's from eBay are a perfect example of what I would not recommend. The first place these guys cut cost is in the cooling, cooling the LED's and the drivers is critical for life expactancy and performance. Quality aluminum heat sinks aren't anywhere cheap enough for them to be included at that price. These guys also use cheap metal housings that quickly rust out in a saltwater environment. They've also recognized their insufficient cooling and reduce the power being driven through the LED's further reducing the light output. And any reputable manufacturer isn't going to give you a measurement of light out put in lumens - it's PAR that matters. Some of their lights don't even have dimmers on them and they actually mention handmade parts? Better to build your own if you're really budget conscious.

Where's your customer service when the light fails? And it will fail believe me and then you're without lights while you try to figure out how or even if it's worth sending back for repair/replacement.

Taotronics LED's from eBay are a perfect example of what I would not recommend. The first place these guys cut cost is in the cooling, cooling the LED's and the drivers is critical for life expactancy and performance. Quality aluminum heat sinks aren't anywhere cheap enough for them to be included at that price. These guys also use cheap metal housings that quickly rust out in a saltwater environment. They've also recognized their insufficient cooling and reduce the power being driven through the LED's further reducing the light output. And any reputable manufacturer isn't going to give you a measurement of light out put in lumens - it's PAR that matters. Some of their lights don't even have dimmers on them and they actually mention handmade parts? Better to build your own if you're really budget conscious.

Where's your customer service when the light fails? And it will fail believe me and then you're without lights while you try to figure out how or even if it's worth sending back for repair/replacement.

+1 on this the TaoTronics are horrible, fans going out, drivers burning out. Lowest end I would go ledtric and highest would be Radion. The biggest thing is also though you dont want to get something to powerful or you can cook what you already have. Acan Lighting is good but very expensive. CAD Lighting is nice as well. There are alot of fixtures but if the website started with allibaba or ebay stay away

Derek

Has been struck by the ban stick
ryanpfaffer this LED light is just awesome but i am disappoint the price is too high. Any one is using like this? ryanpfaffer can you share more LED lights for tank??

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Derek your posts aren't showing any links or anything else to support what you're asking or suggesting.