Purchased first fish?

droth

Hi gang

I just purchased my first fish on Saturday (two very small Ocellaris Clowns) and have a question. The water conditions in the tank seem great but these two fish seem to be hiding in a large cave at the bottom of my live rock since the day I introduced them to the tank. The fish are about 1.5" long and just hide in this area of life rock all the time. My tank is a 40 gallon with about 50lbs of live rock. I have two power heads creating current and noticed that because of the size of the fish they do seem to get blown around a bit if they come out of the cave for any amount of time. I realize it's only been a couple days but should I be concerned that something is wrong or any ideas on how I can get them to come out more often?

David

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
David I wouldn't worry to much. These fish can handle a good deal of "current" so that's usually not an issue. Are they feeding at all?

droth

I did see one of them eating yesterday but it was the frozen live coral food. I let it thaw in a cup of aquarium water and then would pour that water over a powerhead. I saw one of the clowns nibbling on pieces and then he would spit them out. Haven't seen them eating the New Life Spectrum pellets.