Puffer Diet?

lcstorc

From what I hear, anything that will fit in their mouth, or is that just what they will eat?
Never had one but I love to see them. I spend lots of time watching them at the LFS. Show us your babies. Please.

Heres what im currlently feeding: krill, snails, crabs, flake, cyclopeze, and salad shrimp... i think im gonna start giving live ghost shrimp... that ok?

mettjl03

I agree with all the above... Puffers eat anything, they always seem to be hungry lol. Whole krill (the freeze dried stuff) is good b/c it has a shell on it, this will help keep their teeth in good condition. They are like any other fish, they need a variety of different foods. It seems to me ur current meal choices are great!

rebekwl

They will eat pretty much anything you give them, but they are very messy eaters and waste a lot of food, so try not to feed too much or your nitrates will fly through the roof. I've always heard that fresh scallops are one of the best hings for them, along with mussels and shrimp. Just be sure to feed them a wide variety so they stay healthy, good luck :)

I agree with all the above... Puffers eat anything, they always seem to be hungry lol. Whole krill (the freeze dried stuff) is good b/c it has a shell on it, this will help keep their teeth in good condition. They are like any other fish, they need a variety of different foods. It seems to me ur current meal choices are great!

Yeah, but the problem with freeze dried is that it can cause lockjaw... I feed it occasionally, but ill just let them wear their teeth down on crabs, snails, rocks, plants, and ghost shrimp.