Protein Skimmer in Nano Cube??

Has anyone fit one of these in their cube? Theres only so much room back there one of the downside of the cube. I have my pump and floss in chamber one for the chiller...chamber two is the fuge and chamber 3 has my return pump and chiller return outlet...so I am kinda stuck for room..has anyone else out there modded anything? Hard to fnd any answers out there....

GlassMunky

bump...nobody?? I am starting to think this forum site is strictly for Red Sea Max owners :sad:

Yea right dude. theres ALOT of people here with non-All-in-one tanks.

If you are talking about a bio-cube there are many people who have moded their tanks to fit a skimmer or done other lighting/filtartion mods. Just do a google search for "Bio-Cobe Mods" and a ton of stuff will pop up right away. I believe most people either use the tunze skimmer or the bio-cube one, but have heard the BC one kinda hard to set

thanks for the reply brother...IDK but haven't gotten much help from most people on this site. I have a nano cube 24 and just looking for some other options or ideas.....Guess I will be doing my searching elsewhere

BigJay

wow your getting irritated but you've failed to use the search function. There are tons of modded tanks. Most people agree that the only way to run a skimmer on a nano is to mod it to run a sump. Almost all of the baby skimmers aren't worth the effort as they have to either be adjusted daily and/or emptied daily.

Last edited:

BigJay

.....Guess I will be doing my searching elsewhere

haha good luck see you back in a couple of days. There are a few other really great forums , but at least 2 of those are very aggressive and if you go asking questions that are easily found by searching , you most likley will be ask to find the door, in a not so polite way. This forum is one of the best resources out there. Some people just get tired of answering the same question 3 or 4 times a day.

GrendelPrime

im not familiar with nano cubes but i just did a search and pulled up a whole page on threads, try that and see if someone asked what u need already

SecretAgent

Cmon guys, easy huh? You just got finished telling this member about other sites being not so nice yet short comments are being made? This is how those other sites got to be not so nice. So far I have found this site to be different than others, I want to continue having that feeling. Not saying this member doesnt have research skills, but some people dont know how to find stuff or know terms to use. There was frustration in that post and you cant possibly know all the circumstances behind those frustrated words, and being as you guys are seasoned with forums, a patient example will go far with new comers, no? No sense in feeding that frustration with cold words. Along with sharing of knowledge is passing along of the patience it took to gain that knowledge. If you must sigh and moan when giving info, that can be done silently if the help is still to be offered. Sighing and moaning is included when giving out info is the only thing one will see and what help you tried to offer will fall by the wayside. It sends mixed signals.

AnisaG

I use the Bio-Cube skimmer in my 29g Cube, it does need to be emptied daily, but I have to change the floss everyday anyway, so it's just an extra step! I find it useful, and I have heard lots of good things about the Tunze as well. I know I didn't answer your question but maybe if you posted some pics of your set up we would be able to give better advice??

Good Luck!

GrendelPrime

i honestly wasent trying to be a turd hammer, i just know theres alot of times i post with almost no replys to my questions so the search tool became a friend so reeferman im honestly sorry if i came across the wrong way just now i usualy search the archives before i post questions and i can usualy find what i need

SecretAgent

G, you know youre a big ol sweetheart *kiss* wasnt anything about your post that I felt was worthy of turd hammer title...lol...My apologies, didnt think you would feel yours was included in that

Any post that is offering or calling itself offering some kind of help but also including curt comments makes a member, new or seasoned, feel that they are less than in some way. I just feel it isnt helpful to be this way. It only hurts a person more than anything. I think because the poster said this site hasnt been helpful is why they got the response they got, but is that really a reason to throw out anything but helpful and useful info? No, win them over by giving what they ask for in the best way within you.

*kisses* to you G...

BigJay

secrentagent I spend a great deal of my day answering questions. I have several how to mods that I spent a good deal of time documenting with photos ,one of which is how to mod a nano to run a sump. I took reefermans personally, maybe I shouldn't have. But cause he didn't get an answer in 1 day says the forum is no good? C'mon! Also its not a forum issue you can search on google and if your on the forum saying you don't know how to search on google isn't a good excuse.
perhaps if the post was please guys I really need help or was said in a more polite manner it would have received a more polite response. I'm not into coddling someone, but if someone is genuine and polite about it , I've spent hours on end trying to help them.

SecretAgent

ReeferMan, Suga, I understand perfectly your frustration. I would also feel if I didnt get an answer after two days that people just werent interested for whatever reason. Maybe I would feel that because I was a newer member that I was important enough or maybe because I wasnt a RSM owner that I wasnt important enough. But, things arent always as they appear. Sometimes, those that are more suitable to answer arent online, and when they do become available and see you got no responses, then they may respond. Being as this site has a lot of members, it would appear that there would HAVE to be someone available, right? Well, sometimes people may be busy doing research for others at the time and intend on replying but something takes them away before they can. Usually posts do get responded to, just may be 1,2,even 3 days later on a particular matter.

This really is an awesome site. I can get impatient at times too not so much when I post but when I see a post go up that I am interested in the responses, Im like...Dang already! someone reply with some info! Im sitting here refreshing that page and getting impatient because I may have something else I need to do and dont have time to be hanging out on RS at the moment but yet I want to see at least ONE response....=)

One last note: Being polite when asking something, I think, is a given to everyone and everyone knows this...but I dont think practically begging is necessary. You dont have to sound desperate and beg for help to spark someone to offer help.....at least thats not how it should be.

BigJay

aight if I sounded like a jerk I apologize. I've noticed a few comments in other threads that may be someone misunderstanding my point. Nobody should ever be afraid to ask a question here. I do not like forums that give you the answer of STFU and use the search engine. That was definetly not my intent or meaning.

Cmon guys, easy huh? You just got finished telling this member about other sites being not so nice yet short comments are being made? This is how those other sites got to be not so nice. So far I have found this site to be different than others, I want to continue having that feeling. Not saying this member doesnt have research skills, but some people dont know how to find stuff or know terms to use. There was frustration in that post and you cant possibly know all the circumstances behind those frustrated words, and being as you guys are seasoned with forums, a patient example will go far with new comers, no? No sense in feeding that frustration with cold words. Along with sharing of knowledge is passing along of the patience it took to gain that knowledge. If you must sigh and moan when giving info, that can be done silently if the help is still to be offered. Sighing and moaning is included when giving out info is the only thing one will see and what help you tried to offer will fall by the wayside. It sends mixed signals.

thank you prolly the best response I got on here. Thank you! Yeah BIG Jay not "Big Help" I did use the search, I am not a noob. I have been reefing for over 25 years. This is my first attempt at a Nano cube. I saw an awesome thread on the Nano Cube mod and have read it thoroughly. However...not much about the skimmer. So thank you for my crash course in navigating forum sites. I think I can manage. These forums are for a place where people should feel comfortable asking any type of question whether its been answered 100 times that day or not. If you don't feel like answering..well then don't. I am asking for advice, help, constructive criticism, not to get blasted on why I should or shouldn't ask questions..So Big Jay..thanks for all your help
:bow:

ReeferMan, Suga, I understand perfectly your frustration. I would also feel if I didnt get an answer after two days that people just werent interested for whatever reason. Maybe I would feel that because I was a newer member that I was important enough or maybe because I wasnt a RSM owner that I wasnt important enough. But, things arent always as they appear. Sometimes, those that are more suitable to answer arent online, and when they do become available and see you got no responses, then they may respond. Being as this site has a lot of members, it would appear that there would HAVE to be someone available, right? Well, sometimes people may be busy doing research for others at the time and intend on replying but something takes them away before they can. Usually posts do get responded to, just may be 1,2,even 3 days later on a particular matter.

This really is an awesome site. I can get impatient at times too not so much when I post but when I see a post go up that I am interested in the responses, Im like...Dang already! someone reply with some info! Im sitting here refreshing that page and getting impatient because I may have something else I need to do and dont have time to be hanging out on RS at the moment but yet I want to see at least ONE response....=)

One last note: Being polite when asking something, I think, is a given to everyone and everyone knows this...but I dont think practically begging is necessary. You dont have to sound desperate and beg for help to spark someone to offer help.....at least thats not how it should be.

hah yeah I totally relate..Its tough since I have ADD and just want answers lol...Ive just been doing a ton of research, I always do before I ask since I like finding it out on my own..but I came to a head where I just can't seem to find any other info...I have done a ton of mods, some I havent even seen before so thats why I posted to see if someone else has tried something that hasnt been posted..I appreciate all the help. I am new to this site, new to the cubes, but love reefing. It's my passion in life and what I went to school for. SO I know what I am doing, just always looking to hear others input

BigJay

thank you prolly the best response I got on here. Thank you! Yeah BIG Jay not "Big Help" I did use the search, I am not a noob. I have been reefing for over 25 years. This is my first attempt at a Nano cube. I saw an awesome thread on the Nano Cube mod and have read it thoroughly. However...not much about the skimmer. So thank you for my crash course in navigating forum sites. I think I can manage. These forums are for a place where people should feel comfortable asking any type of question whether its been answered 100 times that day or not. If you don't feel like answering..well then don't. I am asking for advice, help, constructive criticism, not to get blasted on why I should or shouldn't ask questions..So Big Jay..thanks for all your help
:bow:

hey dude obviously you missed the entire point of my post. I didn't tell you to go use the search engine. I was telling you to stop slamming the site. Now that I told you that your trying to turning it around on me. But you got it bro any help you need in the future you won't be getting it from here.

hey dude obviously you missed the entire point of my post. I didn't tell you to go use the search engine. I was telling you to stop slamming the site. Now that I told you that your trying to turning it around on me. But you got it bro any help you need in the future you won't be getting it from here.

I may have missed your point :smoking:

I wasn't slamming the site. Just frustrated. and again not turning it around on you but you slammed me bro...for asking a question...what kind of person gets an attitude with someone for asking a question? I just needed some input but instead you had to get all pissy with me for asking. So its cool bro...is it that hard to not hit reply? Just get on stepping and take your criticism and useless help elsewhere.