problem..........

uncle bruno56

hello guys, I have a problem with the skimmer ..... it is very noisy and vibrates throughout the tank..with the Tunze 9002 I resolve the problem? mine is red sea 130d:surrender:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Bruno - lots of members do run the Tunze 9002 & seem to really like them

hopefully some of them can comment on how loud they are...

slfcaptain

I dont know about the 9002 but red sea has a new skimmer for the 130 that is much quiter than the old stock skimmer.

steve

judojay

There always noisy for the first few weeks. Mine was a pain then it settled and isn't a problem anymore. I also did the DIY mod with the air pipe that helped

the 130D skimmer is junk IMO, besides being noisy, a real pain to get it to stay dialed in. I just yanked mine, haven't been running one for 6 months now. Don't seem to need one with my water change routine.

screefguy

Hey guys the Redsea Skimmer should be more than what is needed. As you are setting up your tank it will take a bit to get it dialed in and running optimal but all skimmers need dialing in. As far as the noise level. I have never had a noise issue with mine. I not sure if I just have mine luckily nestled in the right place or what. Take your time with the Factory equipment before spending more money is mho.

I have had skimmers in the past that worked like a charm. This 130D skimmer does not. I spent months trying to make it work, either it pulled nothing, or it over flowed, there was no in between with this thing, and it was very noisy regardless what I did with it, even with the mod. So yeah, out it came. If i ever need to run one on this tank, I will def replace it with something better.

uncle bruno56

news ..... I changed the skimmer manufacturer and I put the Tunze 9002 with the mediabasket (built by me) and all is well .... no noise no vibration and the skimmer seems to work if I can ..... I put pictures .....