Power outage

slfcaptain

Luckily power just came on! I was only out for a few hours and the temp didnt budge but a couple of tenths if a degree.

Now I have to shovel ice. Yeah.

steve

forestal

i like to use a battery backup used for computers that will run the pumps for water flow and often a small heater, so it will kick on if power goes out.

glad the power came on quick for you.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Glad to read your power is back on Steve!
I keep a generator to run my tank. I've used it so I know it will handle keeping my tank running.
We get freezing rain where I live sometimes....it's AWFUL!! So much worse than sleet & snow to take out electrical lines. Fingers crossed that the worst is over where you live :fingerx:

Oxylebius

The above battery backup works great. I used it in an emergency. It ran the two main pumps and heater for the day. Power was restored before the battery died, so not sure how long it would have lasted.

slfcaptain

That looks pretty good. Probably better value for us than a generator. Luckily our power is pretty good. Our utilities are underground so when our power is out than that means a lot of people on the same circuit are also out. That usually means we get a higher priority and quicker lights on. So we usually are only ever out for a few hours at a time.

steve