powder blue not eating

Manuelli

hey everyone! well for sure not the best choice i did but i had to give it a try, i bought a 5 in powder blue healthy looking and really bright colors, before i bought it i asked the person if it was eating and he said it was feeding on nori and some frozen food, he offered it nori and frozen food but the tang didn't show interest, i always check my water parameters twice a week so luckily that day i had a sample with me and he checked it and my water was perfect so he said he'll give me a week warranty if something happened to it or if it didn't want to eat, so 2 days now in my tank and no interest on eating my blue tang and clown fish don't harass it at all, i've seen it trying to get little pieces of nori sometimes but it spits it out, i've tried nori with garlic guard, live brine shrimp, live blood worms and nothig so do any of you have a suggestions? by the way the tank is a 120

smoothie

Try this it may help. Get some nori and rubberband it around a rock. Place it where he hangs out the most. Go ahead and attach some to the clip for the other fish so he has a chance to investigated his.
If he is sampling small pieces now you may want to try some veggie flake food if you haven't already

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Good luck :) Rejecting the food isn't a good sign but it may still be "acclimating" also someone may be picking on it when you're not around.

Never ever "trust" the LFS. See it eat or leave it be. Unfortunately if it was even slightly healthy it can live longer than a week without eating (out live the guarantee). Keep working on it and I'd suggest you set up a QT system... yesterday...:dunno:

christopher

I added a similarly sized powder brown a few months ago and he didn't eat for a good 3 days, but gradually he came around and started by pecking the live rock. I believe the first thing he ate from me was shredded garlic nori, and was very picky.

Manuelli

oh thank God it started eating i really lost hope there for a sec, it's eating shredded nori each time more vigorously, now the trick is to make it eat frozen foods

smoothie

Make a pinata for him. Wrap half a cube in a roll of nori. When he rips into it ooohhhhhhh what a neat suprise!

fellers

My tangs loved a bit of caulerpa on a veggie clip. They ate it whenever they felt like it and were very healthy. The powder brown did not like the frozen to much but the regal devoured everything near it. I sold them to a buddy because I want a male and female blue throat trigger