Possible plumbing

Hey pol I have a sump plan of how I think I'm gonna build my next sump setup.uploadfromtaptalk1327982935373.jpg

So I need to know if u guys think a single say 800-900 gph possibly a danner mag would have a sufficient turnover without using more powerheads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

And how would I figure how big my overflow needs to be to be able to support it

tnwillia

I'd think you could get away with a Mag 7 (700 GPH) then keep all your plumbing at 1/2" (I think it's 1/2" out) to match the pump. HOB overflow at say 400 to 600 GPH with a 3/4" hose barb for the sump maybe. Only thing I'd think about on your plumbing is the split down flow to the sump. You might want to put a ball valve on the Fuge side to control the flow into it. If your just going to run Chaeto it can run faster to get it spinning but if your going to raise Macro it needs a slower flow. Have fun!

Yea blade I was actually gonna use eshoppes but now that I look they don't offer a 400-600 gal o/f. Their numbers jump from a 300 gal to a 800 gal. And also tnwilla that's great about the may 7 but I was trying to figure in for the six 90s on the returns at the top of the tank. Being as I would like to use two, do u think the 700 will have the flow to turn over my tank at the suggested 30x without more powerheads. Valve on the fuge side for sure wen I get home from work im gonna gets ta drawing again. Thanx guys

tnwillia

I look at general head pressure of smaller pumps cutting my flow in half from the pump rating, sump to DT. I used a Mag 7 on my RSM 250 return for a long time.The Mag 9.5 will work, I think they have a 3/4" output on them they are beast pumps & much bigger than the 5 or 7 so you need to think about the body size in the return pump chamber area. I understand the 90s at the top getting over the lip, do you need the 90s into the sump? Your useing a "Y" for your return, why not a "Y" into the Sump/Fuge on the overflow side? Also using flexable hose where you can really reduces your head pressures, I understand it's not as pretty. I think with either 7 or 9.5 your going to have your flow but using the calculator to be sure is best. My Vortechs have spoiled me, they are my flow, everything else just moves water where it needs to go. You could run one or two MP-10s in your 29 and never have to think about the flow. Have fun!

glampka

I'd drill the tank & use a glass-holes overflow. You'll sleep better knowing there won't be a problem.

So would anybody be able to I'd this pump Im pretty sure its a danner but my friend that gave it to me couldn't remember Wat it pumps.uploadfromtaptalk1328051589558.jpguploadfromtaptalk1328051687468.jpg

That thing is a beast of a pump and I would like to use it in place of my Rio 1400 but its just waay too powerful for my current o/f Wich is an eshoppes nano. Haha I know its waay too small but I wanna use that on my 29 and that mag I have for my 55 with a new o/f.

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
+1.. danner awesomeness...lol .looks like a 950.. what's it say in the back?

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't sticker is gone. I was thinking 12 but I dk. It does look like a 9.5 from the pics tho

Built347

I will measure mine when I get home... I just so happened to have a 9.5& a 12 sitting on my floor right now

Built347

I looked at your pics again hard to tell from the front view.... here's a pic of an 18 and a 9.5.. the 18 is the same case as a 1200..

IMG_20120131_192726.jpg