Poriferan's New 130d Set up

Poriferan

I moved the metor to the frag rack to see how it likes it there and the acro went back to the sand until I can get it better acclimated to the light. seemed to be bleaching after 2 days at the top. may need to cut the stem off the frag plug and try it in the frag rack also.

Poriferan

A little update on the, lets call it 85 gallon tank I picked up.
It was pretty bad with calcium carbonate build up all over the glass and top, but a LOT of scrubbing some vinegar baths and a couple dozen razorblades it is now acceptable. I leak tested it and all is good. Now the stand that came with it... well to be cheap for now I decided to try and use it. It is not very square and was way to short to support the skimmer I am getting for it so with the advice of a friend I built a frame to raise the tank up 5 1/2". I will cut out the center so I have plenty of room to remove the skimmer cup. The tank rim was fake wood trim. I decided to change that to black to match most everything else including the RSM 130d that will be in the same room. Ordered an overflow and return from glassholes and now must finish the stand.

If you made it all the way through that :tongue:

The stand is still quite low and it came with cheap casters which I have removed. I am debating adding another frame to the bottom to bring the tank height up a bit more but haven't committed yet.

Anyways here are the pics of the dirty tank and stand so far.

IMG_9033.jpg

IMG_9032.jpg

IMG_9031.jpg

Last edited:

reeferman

the cypthastrea should color back up.i have 2 different varieties and both have lost and regained color.i have the blue base/pink polyps and blue base with green polyps.they are pretty tough and very cool!congrats on the additions!

Poriferan

Very nice! How long is the tank? If you set up a tank thread on it be sure to let us know.

Tank is 66 inches long

If I start one I guess I could call it Ghetto tank build :drunk:

I did order a Octopus Extreme 200, Koralia 4, and Quiet One 4000 for the return today though so it could be much worse :laughroll

Poriferan

the cypthastrea should color back up.i have 2 different varieties and both have lost and regained color.i have the blue base/pink polyps and blue base with green polyps.they are pretty tough and very cool!congrats on the additions!

Thats good, it does seem like a tiny bit of color is returning now that it is on the frag rack

Poriferan

I guess I will have to start a new thread for this tank, but I wanted to share a couple pics of my new skimmer, Reef Octopus extreme 200

For prespective (note the soda can)
IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9039.jpg

IMG_9038.jpg

This thing pulled aweeks worth of stinky skimmate out of 10 gals of water in about 10 mins.

Poriferan

I installed a Euroreef skimmer today. I now own the city's largest Snow Globe:tears: I am sure it will just need some time to break in before it settles down. On a good note, is a work horse as described. I currently have 2 pumps going, but I have the plug to just use one if the micro-bubbles don't relax.

I also made a bit of progress on the other tank. Waiting on silicone to dry and finish the hard plumbing but here it is 2/3 full with the damsels transferred

IMG_9051.jpg

IMG_9052.jpg