Poll on who likes and dislikes coraline algae.

who likes and dislikes coraline algae?

• It looks cool on the glass

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • I only let it grow on back glass

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • I only let it grow on the sides, not front or back

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • yuck I scrape it all off

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • mixed feelings about it

Votes: 20 16.4%

• Total voters

dave00gt

i keep my coraline algae on the back of the tank, im pretty sure it helps out water chemistry, so i leave it alone and let it grow in the back.

Cougra

That's because it's a PITA to clean the back glass all the time. Although I hate the stuff, it's still growing on the back glass in my tank because it takes too much effort to scrape it off and I know that scrapping it will only make it grow more. grr

What's the best way to scrape it? Razor blades? I tried a credit card and it worked a little but there's still some white spots leftover.

KMP

too early for me to worry about it. however, from what i've seen, i'm sure i'll be a rock only guy.

lcstorc

Check your calcium and alk. Coraline needs calcium as will any corals you have. I also believe I have been told you have to have some and then the spores spread so perhaps a nice coraline covered rock would help.

Cartman89

Not a fan of it. It goes like weeds in my tank, maybe faster! I'm constantly scraping it off the front glass very few days. It's annoying but it looks good in the back. I'm seeing pink everywhere I go.:lol: