Polishing the MAX stand

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Hi guys,
Hey, what are you guys useing to polish your black Max stand?? Pledge? I would think something with a good wax on it should suffice. Thought I would ask first though just to be on the safe side! I hate to put something on it and ruin the finish!
Thank you

Smiley1

whatever you use, don't use an aerosol. If you have to use an aerosol, go in another room or outside and spray it on the rag first, then come into the aquarium room and wipe it on.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nothing here - it looks as good as it did when I set it up 19 months ago. Water takes off any salt drips.

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Thanks guys,
I waxxed my tank glass and what a difference! Salt just wipes off with no residue. They used to make a glass wax but I have not been able to find it.
So, I used a synthetic wax and it worked really well. I am going to try pledge and see how it does.
Thanks

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I don't have a RSM tank, but I have checked them out at the LFS. The stand is made out of plastic. Why not use Armor All?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Dentoid - the stand itself is really not plastic - it's a very heavy duty pressboard, covered with a heavy duty vinyl laminate that's impregnable to water. It's an extremely study and heavy duty stand, unlike some of the other nano stands on the market. Armor All might however be a good choice on the vinyl laminate covering.