plug return pump hole 130c?

praisethesun

Hello
Thanks for help
I've gotten a sump/refugium and would like to plug the return pump hole in the 130c. in doing this i would have less water siphon to sump. then i would use a return hang on U tube from back compartment. now if I buy the return pump upgrade kit for the rsm 130d i could get a plug that would fit but that's 80 bucks. experienced reefers do say buy extra pumps though lol. I know its a small hole i was thinking of a nylon nut and bolt or some kind of plumbing fitting but cant find anything. also thought loc-line maybe fitting onto the threads of the fitting. I know I'm wacking the all in one design but i just realsized in really wanted to work with a sump/refugium. picture of systemIMG_5456 [177914].JPG IMG_5457 smaller.JPG for fun
thanks
Rob

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
There are quite a few members with RSM tanks running sumps with like LifeReef overflows
http://www.lifereef.com/siphon.html

but can't remember any plugging any holes... maybe they can advise

Pretty Tank !

index.php

dgilbert2

Not sure about the plugging but you have a really good setup there, even the refugium looks good :)

praisethesun

Thank you I do believe this RSM 130c has given me a lot of inspiration but i don't think I'm an all in one tank guy. red sea max costumer service is great they said they'd sent me a plug.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
The RSM Club here on RS is full of mods, like sumps... and members that run their AIOs stock - as Paul B likes to say... it's a hobby and no wrong answer - all for fun or it would be called work :) or something like that :cheers: Cool Red Sea sent you a plug !

praisethesun

Hello thanks for help in advance.
OK so red see max sent me a plug that would fit the 130 and 130d models but the 130c model return pump hole is approximately 1 inch about size of a quarter US money. So it didn't fit it was to small. This hole might be 22 mm I'm guessing. Would anybody know how I could seal/plug a 1 inch cut hole in glass?