Please ID these worm.

Krabby2k

First off, i got this pic from Al, sorry to jack your pic but it is exactly what I needed, if you want me to take it down let me know thanks.
Anyway, yesterday I started noticing several of these at the bottome of the tank, there were quite a few of them with various size ranging from 3/8" of an inch to 3". Are they harmful? if so how can i remove them as they tend to hide in rocks and under the sand.
IMG_4550.jpg

reefmasta

bristleworms. beneficial to your aquarium in every way. and you wont really be able to get rid of them if you wanted to, they are detritivores and are scavengers. BUT when they get over populated and VERy large ones try to get them out as food is getting scarce for them. the best trick ive got is to put a silverside in a panyhose a small peice of panyhouse and tie it off so they have to go through the sides to get it. drop it in during night and when u wake up in the morning (befor sunrise) take it out and if theres alot in the tank it will Be FULLL. and/or stock with a couple peppermint shrimp depending on the size/inhabitants of the aquarium. or 1 small horseshoe crab, but watch out for corals on the bottom, their bulldosers =)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Stop THIEF! Just kidding! All of my pics are OPEN for use! I put them out there for anyone who wants to look and if they help in any way that's just a BONUS!

Yes very good *as long as you don't try to pet them*. They work behind the scenes cleaning up and clearing left over food & stuff. Their population will rise and fall in direct proportion to excess food/waste in the tank. You over feed their #'s will grow. You feed sparingly (like I do) you'll see them here and there but not in large numbers and usually not very large.

Just keep in mind they ARE in the tank and anytime you have your hands in there have them protected (their "Bristles" tend to irritate similar to Fiberglass fibers )