Please Help - 2 lights not working in my RSM 250

neebs

Don't know why but two of my lights in my tank stopped working earlier this month. I didn't think it was a big deal, but many corals are starting to die and this is having a negative chain effect.

I've had my RSM 250 for 3 years so I assume its not under warranty. However, I don't know where to buy parts (or new hood). I contacted Red Sea on June 13 and received the following message:

"Thanks for taking the time to contact Red Sea.

Your mail has been successfully submitted & Our team will get in touch with you shortly.

Red Sea Team are happy to answer any questions you may have or provide you support and more information.

Happy Reefing
Red Sea Team"

Needless to say, I haven't heard back from anyone.... any idea what I should do? Would like a replacement ASAP.

Many Thanks!

Neebs

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Sounds like it may be a ballast issue.
They are readily available to buy, Amazon has them.
The wiring diagram in the Max 250 Hood manual will show you which one.
Search on "red sea max 250 parts"

LINK

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Neebs, I am sorry to hear you have not received a reply to your contact request can you please send me the correspondence you received to your request to uk.info@redseafish.com

As for the issue of the two lamps not working this could be as suggested a ballast failure, it could also be a relay, the only real way of checking is with a volt meter, again when you drop me an email I will forward you a help file.

Best regards

Kevin