Playa's Reef

Playa

The Acanthastrea is looking better. I hope at some point the flesh will rise from the body of it.
I think this is probably the most common of all of the specimens, but still is kind of cool to look at it.

Cougra

Those pics are stunning Luis! How do you fit some many wonderful corals in the tank? You have to run out of room eventually don't you?

I'm so jelous!

Playa

Maxx I am actually very happy is turning yellow:) The Pollyps are blue and very bright. The bone and flesh are turning yellow. which is cool cause it makes a bigger contrast.

Here is 2 new animals(Acroporas). They are from Fiji.

Last edited:

Gina

RS STAFF
All right now! It has to stop! j/k Luis! This is why I can't find any corals....you have them all! LOL

Once again! Absolutely Beautiful!

Robz

Holy smokes Luis :columbo: your tank looks insane...:cool: you've done a great job with everything ... but if I see one more knew coral Im comming over and taking it with me :D :D :D Looks awesome buddy!!!!

dgasmd

Why is it that those last few pictures make the tank look bright while some of the others above make it look very dim? Is it that the others above are under actinics only and these last under MH or what? Just curious since there is a big difference.

Playa

Thanx u all.

Alberto the reef is in the kitchen. Sometimes I take pictures with the kitchen lights off or on, the VHO's only, the MH only or some sort of combination of any of them. Angles in which the camera is facing the objective also produce different light effects.

I rarely take pictues with the flash on. I enhance most of the pictures when I am sizing. The enhancing feature in most softwares adds a little light to the photo.

I hope this answers your question.

Rob that is one cool avatar. As far as frags, dude you know you have first picks at anything, even the whole coral(how is that?):)
You are the best Rob and this tanks is up and running in great part thanx to you:)

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luis

Last edited:

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Slooooooooooooowwwwwww down you crazy freek, lol your going to have to upgrade again.

so very sweet.

Mike

birdman204

Holy crud . Those are AWESOME!!! It is so perfect it almost looks like those new plastic corals for sale. Very clean man!!!