Playa's Reef

sharks

Contributing Member
I’m starting to like you less and less ;) j/k
The tank is just stunning. :bugout:
I would need a few hours alone to just look and a drool bucket is required.
Then I need another few hours and a dremil tool to well………
With love (I hate you :D ) :laughroll
S

Playa

Craig please take a look at the last 3 or 4 pictures of the previous page.

By the way since you asked about the parameters the other day, here they are as of a few hours ago.

Salinity= 1.025
Ammonia= 0
Nitrite= 0
Nitrate= 0
PH= 8.0
Phosphate= Slight trace
Calcium= 520
Magnesium= 1685
Alkalinity= 10.5

Craig Manoukian

Originally posted by Playa
Craig By the way since you asked about the parameters the other day, here they are as of a few hours ago.

Salinity= 1.025
Ammonia= 0
Nitrite= 0
Nitrate= 0
PH= 8.0
Phosphate= Slight trace
Calcium= 520
Magnesium= 1685
Alkalinity= 10.5

Calcium looks a little high as does the Magnesium but nothing too off the chart, 450 and 1300 in NSW respectively I believe. PH is a little loe 8.3 is NSW and Alk a little high. Ammonia and nitrites which are toxic to fish are right where you want them. What is your temp and did you use a refractometer for Specific Gravity? You gave a SG value as Salinity is expressed in Part Per Thousand or PPT.

Thanks for posting the information as it is good to see that your tank not only looks beautiful, but is pretty well balanced for being new. Let's not forget that you used a lot of materials from a previuos set up which cuts down on the waiting time for stocking the tank as well as having a jump of already established dentrifying bacteria.

Would you please be kind enough to indicate what kind of mechanical filtration you have to compliment your biofiltration.

Thanks in advance and for all of the eye candy!

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

Craig Manoukian

The pictures on page 29 and 30 of this thread look wonderful, as do the rest of the photos. Have you tried Cyclopeeze (SP?) for your Anthias as it is derived from copepods I believe?

:) :D :cool: :p :smirk:

Gina

RS STAFF
:drooool: Not only are all your corals beautiful....I just wish we had a camera that would shoot such beautiful pictures.

We just bought a Kodak Easy Share a year ago and can't really afford a camera to get those quality pictures. Oh well, I'll just pretend this is really my tank and my pictures for now!!!!LOL

Playa

Craig I have an ASM G4 rated for 450 gallons.
Craig is the cyclo that I think is helping as a matter of fact. They are forced to eat it. They look healthy right now, so things are ok so far. Good news! good news! The black tang is alive. He started coming out of the rocks yesteday. He looks sick indeed, but at least I know that he is still fighting a battle. I will continue with the garlic and next week I am having an 18 watt UV being installed. This should also help.

Gina you wont believe if I tell you that the last batch of pictures were taken with a Kodak Easy Share. I bought it at Costco last week to test it. It has 10x optic zoom, it has 3 or 4 pre settings for white balance. It does take nice photos, not I. I just set it up on Auto and start taking pictures.

Thanx Monatana.
tg I got the Echinata from patrick at Reeflife in Ft. Lauderdale.
Bryan gets Echinatas often.

Irene, long time no see:). It would be such a pleasure to have ya over our modest apartment, with our beautiful reef.

Regards,

Luis

Playa

A full tank but the picture came out a little dark and blurry. I find taking full tank shots the hardest.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Wow !!! I'm just just astonished great shot;) :lurk: :guns: :turntable Great tank shot !! That sky blue stag is incredibly beautiful as is the Blue Echinata etc. etc..

I'm just curious as to why you would want to add a UV playa because once you finish stocking the tank and the Ick parasite runs it's course you aren't going to need it IMHO :rolleyes:

Playa

There are both schools about UV. I think is one of those things that would not hurt to have.

Thanx Sunny and Cheeks.

Playa

A new kid in town is this Acropora Tutielensis. Dont know a whole lot about it other than it looks pretty awesome. It grows like a Soliteriensis as it continues to extend out rather than upwards.

I am jus about tapped!