Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I have no idea!

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks Sharbait :)

Thanks Gina.. I guess I could catch it and put it in the sump...but catching the harlequin will require removing rocks so I might as well wait until the rock party in another month or so...

Witfull

i hear pistol shrimp taste like crab,,lol. good luck on catching the bugger~~

Last edited:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I was wondering.. when I remove rocks from my tank is it necessary to pour seltzer water (or whatever) in the holes to make the shrimp come out? I am concerned because several rocks are covered with soft coral and I don't want to injure them. Would placing the rocks out of the water for a few minutes (maybe 10?) be enough to encourage the bugger to come out? I will have to do this for several very large rocks! :(

Yarr

I doubt leaving the rocks out will encourage him to come out. I ran mine under tap water and he fell out. I wouldnt reccomend doing this with delicate corals or sponges attached though for obvious reasons.. a few quick decent dunks in a nice sized butcket ( full of RO/DI water ) should help. then u can place it back in the tank without too much problem.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thank you :) I will do that. I have dunked a rock covered in blue ricordias before in ro/di water with no problems so I think the other corals should be ok.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
It had moved lastnight... I heard the clicking coming from the center of the tank instead of the left side.

Yarr

I found mine moved around a fair bit. Got into a bit of a pattern after a while... Didnt help none too much with cathcing him though. That was just sheer luck

Woodstock

RS STAFF
:( I guess I will have to fw dip every rock in my tank when I pull them out.... phoey.

gussy

I have to bribe the crew of the fish place with a large Costco pizza so that they'll put a SOLD on the mantis and you guys want to get rid of it? Mail it to me.