Pink Clove Polyps

21cloves

Hey everyone, I am new to this site and was hoping to gain some knowledge on reef keeping. I've had a 55 gal. saltwater aquarium for over 8 years now, but am new to reef keeping....I currently have a green spotted puffer, a clown, curly q anemone and a colony of...u guessed it -- 21 pink clove polyps. I have had them for a few months now and they have not spread or multiplied yet. My calcium is at 450, alkalinity of 11, salinity of 1.022-23 and ph of 8.4. My nitrates are currently at 20 but I'm still lowering. Unaware of Mg level. I have a 10,000k and actinic that end up giving out 2 watts per gallon for about 12 hours a day. Any advice on how to make these pink clove polyps flourish and/or spread throughout the tank? Thanks guys!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Here a read that may have some help... https://sites.google.com/a/asira.org/www2/clovecoral

we love pics :dance:

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey everyone, I am new to this site and was hoping to gain some knowledge on reef keeping. I've had a 55 gal. saltwater aquarium for over 8 years now, but am new to reef keeping....I currently have a green spotted puffer, a clown, curly q anemone and a colony of...u guessed it -- 21 pink clove polyps. I have had them for a few months now and they have not spread or multiplied yet. My calcium is at 450, alkalinity of 11, salinity of 1.022-23 and ph of 8.4. My nitrates are currently at 20 but I'm still lowering. Unaware of Mg level. I have a 10,000k and actinic that end up giving out 2 watts per gallon for about 12 hours a day. Any advice on how to make these pink clove polyps flourish and/or spread throughout the tank? Thanks guys!

OK buddy. Let's do a wc to drop the trates n add water at 1.026 to get the salinity up to par. As for lighting ur a little shy on par to get em to flourish. Good to meet ya I'm matt.

.............stay thirsty my friend.

Brandon78

Welcome. I think Matt nailed it, might need more lights. Im assuming there t5 yungreefer, 10,000k and actinic.

21cloves

Thanks man, nice to meet you too. I was afraid sum1 would say that.....looks like I'm looking for new lights......im always thirsty!

21cloves

No, surprisingly he knows what he is supposed to eat. Doesn't mess with anything, just the shrimp and mussels I feed him every other day...He is awesome, I've had him for 4 years now... but the relationship is bittersweet cuz i can't have any invertebrates for the time being. Also he is bigger than he is supposed to be....prolly about 8'' He's a fat ass too.