Pictures of my new arrivals

teresa

Hi Guys,
Here are some pictures of my new arrivals.
They are still Tropheus just like the Bulu Points but these are the Bembas and the Kaisers. They are still pretty small, about 1 1/2 ins in length.

129-2917_IMG.jpg

129-2914_IMG.jpg

teresa

Thank you for all your nice compliments.
Yes Kathy, I added the tree trunks to the tank as the little guys need lots of hiding places from the big guys " The bulus"

Stacef

I figured they were some type of cichlids, the few that you can see their faces..it's pretty noticable. Do you have a full tank shot at all??

boozeman

:bugout: wow...beautiful !!
can you tell me about the substrate you chose and what about those tree trunks cool

teresa

:bugout: wow...beautiful !!
can you tell me about the substrate you chose and what about those tree trunks cool

Thank you boozeman. The substrate is Home Depot Play Sand and the tree trunks are actually plastic believe it or not.

Stacef

Wow! I love it!!!!
What size is it? I would love to do a sand bottom, when I put my 90g fresh together, I did rock, and also did tap water:nono:. So I am sure you can only imagine the algae blooms I had, and how the rocks look now, even with regular cleaning! Taking out the rocks, and replacing it with sand...with fish in would be a big no-no wouldn't it? Basically will need a cycle just like a Salt tank?

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Wow! I love it!!!!
What size is it? I would love to do a sand bottom, when I put my 90g fresh together, I did rock, and also did tap water:nono:. So I am sure you can only imagine the algae blooms I had, and how the rocks look now, even with regular cleaning! Taking out the rocks, and replacing it with sand...with fish in would be a big no-no wouldn't it? Basically will need a cycle just like a Salt tank?

ummm if you have other filtration it shouldnt be a problem, is your rock set up as an undergravel filter? if so just do 1/2 of the tank and leave it for a week or so, we used the playsand from homedespot, very very cheap and dirty but nice when all washed up, this tank is an 80gal something 5' long, cichlids are algae eaters so they just love coated rock

Stacef

Ok, I have just a HOB Penguin filter, the biggest one. So.. I can take the rock out, clean the sand very thoroughly and put the sand in?
What'd you add 2 lbs per gallon?

Gosh--4 months ago, I knew a ton about fresh, now I find myself asking more questions about fresh than saltwater! haha who would've thought!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I think youd be just fine with that, I used 2 bags of playsand and thats 2 or 3 '' dee, cant remember the weight on the bags, I have one at work Ill see what they weigh tomorrow

Stacef

Awesome! I am excited about this. But am nervous of algae blooms, I guess it'd be the same as SW. Anyways, thanks for your help! I will be doing this next week, hopfully will turn out well. I haven't had a fish die in a VERY very very long time, so if one passes during this... you know who I'm blaming right?? :winner: you!

Hhahah Just playing!

teresa

Awesome! I am excited about this. But am nervous of algae blooms, I guess it'd be the same as SW. Anyways, thanks for your help! I will be doing this next week, hopfully will turn out well. I haven't had a fish die in a VERY very very long time, so if one passes during this... you know who I'm blaming right?? :winner: you!

Hhahah Just playing!

Yes blame Sas:LOL: That is why I asked him to reply to your post so if anything goes wrong, it is not me hahhaha.( I know you are joking)
Best of luck and let us know how you are progressing.