pic of my new 150gal system

prow

yeah i keep looking at the tank thinking man i should keep it up. the fish are active and all get along even though most think its overstocked. it takes care of itself now. snails are keeping up there levels, i see baby nerites, ceriths, trochus, turbos and even nassarius snails are keeping there levels. i dont do anything to the tank anymore. just reg emptying of the skimmer and water changes. wipe the glass once a week thats about it. the idea of the bigger tank helps me get over those thoughts:) plus my corals are growing too fast now and need the bigger tank. why i will be selling some. its was all good when they were little frags, when they doubled in size they went from 1" to 2" no big, but now they are growing into each other too much. i keep fragging and cutting back-i need a bigger tank.

so how did the vid come out. i dont have the best camera by a long shot.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Video looks great, kind of deep water. I assume you are keeping that clam!:lol:

Good bye old friend!:wave:

prow

can not wait. i have been going back and forth on a clam dominated tank. i finally decided to go for it and ever sence have been getting more and more excited about it. i only hope it looks something like the picture in my head.

justsunnie

Your setup is vurry vurry nice. I can't wait to see the new tank when you get it all done up. I think our next tank is going to be a 180, but we're not going to get it until we move to a place we'll be staying for a few years.

prow

thanks so much. i really like the tank too. it just got to point i dont have to do anything but normal water changes and thats only to maintain my electrolytes, trace minerals and stuff. but i love the idea of doing up a clam tank. and the 180gal tank size is perfect. i could have got any size tank but the 180gal is the biggest without going into the ridiculous size stuff, like huge RO/DI units and everything else. good choice on the 180:)

acronautical

Your 150 is still in it's infancy, just beginning to mature-and you're shutting it down to upgrade 30 gallons to a heavy-iron content 180!? It's a shame too many reefers dump their systems WAY too early. You are not going to like that greenish cast to your livestock, my man! Your current system was coming along beautifully, you know...

prow

yeah i know its still a baby. total, the sysem has been up about 3years. but its a little more than a 30gal upgrade. this tank is a 115gal with 45gal sump(150gal total water volume system) the upgrade will to a 180gal tank with a 60gal sump(about a 230gal system) thats a 80gal upgrade:D but more important is the extra room in the tank for coral growth. tanks 4" higher and 6" deeper

greenish cast?????? what do you mean????

acronautical

Unless your new 180 has Opitwhite or Starfire low-iron content glass, the iron content of typical float glass (such as a stock All Glass tank) will not allow you to see the natural color rendition of your livestock-corals and fish. Your prior acrylic tank is at least as clear as low-iron glass (unless it becomes scratched). If you can afford it, you might want to check into the other glass options. I'm very happy with my 150 Starfire. It's extremely clear, and is much easier to keep clear of coralline that acrylic! Nevertheless, I can see why you want to upsize. It will be a fun change.

prow

mm, well to late. got the tank already but dont know what brand. no worries though, looks clear filled with water. i think i can live with it:D and yeah this is going to be fun.

ramora

Another awsome Tank I know it will only get better as it progresses I am totally jealous. Can't wait to get started first on my 37 gallon. Then my 90 gallon.

Best Regards Stephen Olson Aka ramora

prow

hey basile, well i got a new tank now:D check out the new tank:contract: just click on my clamicle thread. funny thing is though this tank is still going, lol. its tore up big time, ony have a few corals i dont want and couple fish i dont want. this should be the last week for this tank, for sure though. just needed to find homes for the leave outs. this weekend should be a good time up date the clamicle and sell this tank.