PH very LOW!

carmexx

My Reefkeeper PH probe is reading 7.00 after calibrating with high and low solvent. Brand new right out of the box. I finally tested the PH tonight with an Elos kit and I get 8.1. Can I recalibrate the probe with out the test solvent. I should add that I also calibrated my refractometer with 35 ppt fluid and it was off by 3 ppt. So I was actually at 32 ppt when i usually target 35 ppt. It seems that might be the reason for the low ph but I don't know that for sure. I am gonna add some fresh SW to gradually bring it up to 35 ppt.

carmexx

Hmmm. That's not good. Did they replace it for you? How did you determine it was bad if you don't mind me asking?

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
It worked for about a month. I calibrated with another set of lab grade pH solvents and it wouldn't give accurate results. I ended up selling the system (minus the probes) on eBay. I wasn't happy with the whole set up, though.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
What kind of probe? I had a defective pinpoint one and I called them and they had me send it in and they sent me a new one. No questions asked,

carmexx

Yeah, A reefkeeper probe. I recalibrated the probe with pinpoint 10 and 7 solution today and it is neck and neck with my elos test kit. I think I calibrated it incorrectly from the beginning. I will keep an eye on it.

carmexx

sorry guys forgot about this thread...:smack:. The issue was resolved after re calibrating with new solution.