PFO lighting

Sea Bass

Well I just cant say enough about the customer service I recieved this weekend from PFO lighting.

First let me explain my trouble then Ill tell you how they handled me.

I was one of the first to fall into the allure of LED lighting with advancements in aquarium illuminatin and the spin out f the Solaris G series units sold by PFO.

At first I was skeptical for the price and without alot of customer reviews I was stepping into a big gamble tossing $2000 + to the wind on a 48" unit. I decided to risk it and just went for it. Needless to say Ive had alot of comments on the lighting and so far no regrets.
This all changed on Fri. as I decided to do some much needed maintenance and unplugged the light and dusted out the fans with a can of compressed air.
Also, I mopped off the salt spray and the top of the light, we all know the typical scenario when it comes to salt buildup etc..
Well after I reinstalled everything 1 Pwr supply wouldnt power back up. Hmm?

Past exp. has had me run an ext. chord to various outlets just to make sure so I did that. Nothing. Now Im in full on panic. That night I posted to PFO's Solaris forum and they replied with a customer service no. and I called it the next day.
I spoke with Carla. Nice as she could be despite a early fall cold she had me run thru a series of tests with the light. Before it was over she had the light half powered up off the single pwr supply as it should be.
Modestly, she had me answer a few questions and before I knew it a new Pwr supply was expedited to me ASAP.
Now this story has a happy ending but for the most part I feel PFO has stood by thier product. I felt compelled to post this little tragedy as it just goes to show you there is still honor among the working class.

Now what Carla doesnt know is she most likely secured a sale for my next purchase of a new 72" I series which boasts much brighter LED's etc. Ill leave the technical jargon to the lighting geeks. Not only does PFO have my business but also my respect for the way they handled this in my time of need.
Hopefully I would expect the same from any distributer but regretfully thats not real life. If anyone was ever a skeptic on buying the Solaris I can only say PFO has made a huge effort to bring this to market and stand behind it. I
for one have enjoyed the light and look forward to the future in LED's.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I always like a good story. As a distributer for Solaris I am glad to hear a satisfied customer story Carla is a great help. When you are ready for your next LED look me up I will save you some $.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
AWesome! It's great to read about GOOD customer service. We're always so quick to toss out the BAD comments but it takes time and effort to give out GOOD comments. I respect you for taking this time Sea Bass. My hat's off to you.

Allen :)

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
That's great Sea Bass! I just preordered the solaris I4, should be delivered in late Oct. or early Nov. I'm happy to hear that you have had a positive experience.:thumbup:

flricordia

I also have good things to say about PFO customer service.
Mine was a tiny, little inexpesive problem compared to yours, but my PFO label came off of one of my pendanants and I emailed them to see if they would send me a new one because I couldn't get it to stay on and they said one was in the mail. They might have been priming me for a Solaris though. He, he, little do they know, I can't afford one. Wait, that ain't funny.
Glad they were able to help you though. It is refreshing to get good customer service.