PE mysis shrimp??

Nigma

just reading around about food and what to feed and stuff... and i am lil confused... mainly.... to my understanding.... i should NOT feed anything that was grown in fresh water to my salt water fish?

so what about this PE mysis shrimp? my LFS was saying how it is much better than normal mysis shirmp, but on the back of the pack it says how it was grown in fresh water... so i am like....aaaahhhh?:look:

anyways... just wondering if PE mysis shrimp is a good alternative??

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think ALL mysis are FW but are good for our SW pets. I may be wrong but I think i'm in the right area.

redsea reefer

I think ALL mysis are FW but are good for our SW pets. I may be wrong but I think i'm in the right area.

There are FW and SW Mysid Shrimps. The FW Mysid shrimps can come from the Great Lakes and the SW Mysids usually come from the Gulf of Mexico or Florida.

Nigma

oh okay, so its cool to feed fresh water grown food!

but is PE mysis shrimp still better than your normal mysis shrimp?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
There are FW and SW Mysid Shrimps. The FW Mysid shrimps can come from the Great Lakes and the SW Mysids usually come from the Gulf of Mexico or Florida.

Thanks bro for the update. I was close.... REALLY close and now hopefully I can be more specific in the future. :)

Bennyboy515

thats what i use the pescine or pe, shrimp it makes the most discolored fish come back to life, my friend soaks his in liquid garlic and his fish go crazy plus it plus it helps prevent disease

jski711

actually the pe mysis is great because of its super high protein content but it has little to no omega 3 fatty acids which is where fish get most of their color from. pacific plankton on the other hand is very high in omega 3 but low in protein which is why i feed both. hth.

Nigma

cool, thanks for the info guys, i might buy a pack and alternate my feedings between PE and "normal" mysis

I highly reccomend PE mysis. If you compare the back of that package to the back of any other brand, there is an absurd difference in the levels of nutrition. My ponies like it more too. The shape and size is perfect for them. They are always full bodies, and not weird little crumbled peices. If a stubborn animal like a seahorse approves of it, you know you're doing something right!!!

cheely13

I use the PE mysis and mix in some bloodworms i also use sea veggies purple seaweed 3 times a week my fish seam to love it. I have heard of feeding raw veggies has anyone uses any and what ones. Im looking for different stuff to feed them for a variety I stopped feeding brine shrimp because i read it had no nutrient value