ozone

ausreef

just putting this out there who uses ozone? how do you use it? benefits,risks?

ive just ordered a 50mg unit which by all accounts is plenty big enough for a 130,im planning on running it through a modded tunze 9002,anyone have experience with this

jpsika08

The only reason I steered away from Ozone is that any residue in the air breathable by a human can be lethal on the long run, not putting myself and family's health are risk over the tank.

ausreef

i installed the ozone generator ,very impressed with the results,the water and water surface are glass clear within 12 hours,skimmer production has been cut by half which is to be expected
At the moment i have the generator on the lowest setting which is about 10mgh,so no leakage or smell of ozone is evident
The next purchase is an ORP meter and controller which will automatically switch off the ozone when the ORP reaches a preset level (350mv)
The ozone is being drawn into the venturi of a Tunze 9002 with the airline modification with carbon in the next chamber,the results have been quite spectacular but i realise that its not for everyone i recommend anyone considering it read the 3 articles in the link below it is very informatve

Ozone and the Reef Aquarium, Part 1: Chemistry and Biochemistry by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com
Ozone and the Reef Aquarium, Part 2: Equipment and Safety by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com
Ozone and the Reef Aquarium, Part 3: Changes in a Reef Aquarium upon Initiating Ozone by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com