Our 37 Gallon Display with 10 Gallon Fuge.

Uslanja

Some shots from our 37 gallon tall tank and 10 gallon refugium.

Some type of bristle worm and nassarius snail in the fuge.
IMG_0632.jpg

"Digger" the Harbour Goby.
BlueSpottedWatchman-2.jpg

Asterina Star Fish
2010_0130aquarium0011.jpg

Spionid Worm
2010_0207aquarium0046-copy_edited-1.jpg

A Mantis Shrimp that was eventually trapped and moved to a new home.
2010_0207aquarium0073_edited-1-1.jpg

Uslanja

Thanks for the compliments! We really enjoy our two new hobbies; photography and reefing! They fit together so nice!

This is a shot of our latest "porcelain crab". We are thinking of naming him "Arnold Swarzencraber"! We are not sure what kind he is though, does anybody know?

2010_0528aquarium0017-copy.jpg

Alien2100

I love the little Porcelain Crab, I had two that hosted in my BTA. However I made a mistake of not checking compatibility of fish and invertebrates, and mixed in a Red Coris Wrase, there not reef safe... I lost the two Porcelains and a Coral Banded Shrimp, before I figured out it was the Red Coris Wrase. He got donated to my LFS. The only invertebrates I currently have our 2 electric blue legged hermit crabs and a Pink Starfish. I watch the starfish carefully, there not exactly reef safe either. however with normal feedings he doesn't seem to bother anyone)

Alien2100

If you can see the Bristle Worm that easy I might recommend removing him with small tweezers. There not always welcome in reef tanks.

Uslanja

Hi Alien2100! Sorry to learn about your losses. It is so disappointing when something doesn't survive! We tried the Electric Blue crabs and over a period of about a month all three just died. But we have great luck (so far) with the little hermits. We have two porcelains but one of them just will not come out of the reef for a photo op! We can see it in there and constantly fanning the water for food, but the angle and lighting just doesn`t lend itself to a photo! Maybe some day Tracy will catch it out in the open!!

Alien2100

Thank you, it was years ago, I just never replaced them after that. I did love watching them feed though, it's really cool. The Electric Blue Legged Hermits are a newer addition, but I have heard people having problems keeping them, from what I hear they don't ship very well and sadly a lot die shortly after the collection/sales process. Mine seem to be very happy, I just have to keep them that way, lol. Your tank seems to be coming along quite nicely.

Uslanja

A few more random photos of things in our tank.

One of our first Ricordea's and it is doing well!
IMG_0684.jpg

Our poor little polyp is turned inside out.
IMG_0681.jpg

Another polyp doing the inside out thing! Does anyone know why they do this? Is it something in the tank that we need to correct?
IMG_0651-1.jpg

Another one of our many mushrooms that caught something to eat and doing some weird kind of move!
IMG_0644.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys the photos!

Uslanja

Hi ludachris! Thanks for the compliments! We're using a couple of Canon Rebel T1i cameras. Just the basic kit lenses still, but looking forward to getting a couple "L" series lenses some day. I think the Rebel T1i is known as the Canon 500D in Europe.

Uslanja

A nassaurius snail. They come above the substrate when we feed, and of course we make sure to feed the fuge as well!

2010_0525mixedbag0021.jpg

Uslanja

Worm in the fuge. It was so long that we couldn't get it all in the frame. We don't know what type it actually is, but here is the end that we think is the head, this end appeared to do the leading.

IMG_0628.jpg

Uslanja

A red leg hermit crab on our monti that just finished molting. He's inside the shell taking a much needed rest.

IMG_2374.jpg

The same red leg hermit after its rest and now beginning to come out of its shell with brand new shiny red legs. (Something has already removed the old shell).

IMG_2379.jpg

Uslanja

This is a Siderastraea radians coral (Lesser Starlet Coral) that came in as a hitch hiker on a piece of rock. When we first brought it home it looked like the top half of a golf ball stuck in the rock. It quickly recovered and now looks like a "fuzzy" top half of a golf ball stuck in the rock. At first we thought this was a boring coral and not very interesting to watch but we soon discovered that the fuzzy hairs catch all sorts of food and are amazed at how quickly it will eat.

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg