OT: tonights Recipe

sambrinar

Yikes crock pot recipes.. good ole pot roast...

Tonight Lasgna, with broccoli, homemade garlic bread and Pie for desert (not sure what kind, aunt bringing it over)

vdituri

Hmmmm. Crockpot recipes you say?

Stew

Curry is good too.
Everything is the same as stew. Just add curry paste to flavor it and pour over rice or noodles. Yumm. I find the curry paste bricks in the asian section of the grocery stores. It's usually a Japanese style curry.

tonight I just had chicken and brussels. lol

sambrinar

Tonight I have fed all the animals, made mush for the fishies, made dinner for tomorrow (chicken we eat on salad, I wont have to cook tomorrow) and now I am making dinner tonight.. Just hot dogs though,, being lazy :D

dianezoo

We had hot dogs last night, with mac salad.

Tonight I have baby bakers roasting in the over with garlic
and indivdual little meatloafs. Green beans as the side.

ReefLady

Staff member
Yumm, Brenda, that sounds good. Rainy & chilly here lately, so baked a spiral ham yesterday and scalloped potatoes yesterday. Yummy stuff. I have some rice left over from dinner Monday, so am going to make chicken & rice soup in the slow cooker today. Chase away the chilly, rainy blah's....

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Just found this thread... I love cooking & homemade Pizza
745.gif

If interested... come visit us at Pizza Making Forum

Pizza Making Forum - Index

vdituri

I was tired and lazy.

Microwave chicken curry with uncle ben's rice.
And a nice bottle of zinfandel wine to cool the fire on my lips.
Ooohhhh so good.

dianezoo

I had these really huge scaollops . So I chopped some green peppers and onions and cooked them in olive oil, then I tossed the scallops in with butter and garlic untill cooked and served it over brown rice that also had peas and slivered carrots mixed in. Dashed with a little yoshi sause and it was good. My hubby who will not eat "slimmy creatures from the deep" had second day spaghetti sauce over pasta. He likes (my sauce the second day after its made.)

ReefLady

Staff member
Yummy, scallops - that sounds really good Diane.

Made homemade chicken & rice soup. May have to do leftovers tonight - 'fridge is pretty packed. :)

sambrinar

Wow I really need to clean up in here.. look at all the cobwebs.. <cough> I have a recipe that I have to share.. I love yogurt and I stumbled upon this tasty recipe, form a mag

Breakfast for tomorrow, I say...

Called Raspberry Fool (but I made mine with blueberries)

1 1/2 cup all natural vanilla nonfat yogurt
1 (10oz) package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream chilled

1. Place yogurt in a strainer lined with a paper towel and drain in the refrigerator at least 4 hours and up to 1 day, discard the liquid (makes the yogurt much thicker)

2. process half the raspberries in a food processor until smooth. Transfer pure'e to a fine mesh strainer and strain into a large bowl, pressing the liquid out with a rubber spatula. Discard seeds. Whisk in powdered sugar. Stir in remaining raspberries.

3. Whip cream in a chilled bowl with a mixer until spoft peeks form. Gently fold in yogurt. Fold in raspberry mixture.

4. Spoon into glasses and chill. covered with plastic wrap or lid at least 1 hour and up to 1 day..

Ohhhh mannn is it good. Low in calreies too 130 total

ReefLady

Staff member
That sounds really good. I'm not a huge yogurt fan, unless it is really thick, so I usually strain mine in cheesecloth then use it to dip fruit in. This sounds like pretty much the same idea. I'm going to have to give it a try.

Anyone have a good recipe for Fettucine Carbonara? Thinking of trying my hand at that....

Fettucine Carbonara

4 slices chopped bacon
4 slices chopped pancetta
1 cup of crimini mushrooms
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan
6 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
18 ounces fresh fettuccine
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped basil

Saute the bacon and pancetta in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat until almost crisp, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the bacon and pancetta and saute until the bacon is crisp and golden, about 2 minutes longer. Cool. Saute mushrooms in the bacon pan. Whisk in the cream, cheese, garlic powder and yolks to blend.

Cook fettuccine in a pot of salted water until al dente, drain & add to cream mixture until all pasta is coated. Garnish with basil.

Teri, you can use all bacon, I have before & really couldnt tell a difference. Also can use half n half instead of heavy cream to make it not quite so rich. I would also not add all the pasta at once, just add what you need until you get the consistency you want, some people like more sauce, some more dry, just personal preference.

Fresh pesto! 3tbsp olive oil, 5c fresh basil from the garden, 1/2 head garlic, 1/4c pine nuts, and 1/2c parmesan (not sprinkle cheese - get a wedge). Stick it in the food processor until smooth, top whole-wheat pasta with about a tablespoon of the paste, stir till coated, and enjoy. Alternatively, you can keep the pine nuts out of the food processor, toast them in the microwave, and sprinkle them on top. If you're feeling gourmet, you can put some olive oil and garlic in a frying pan and toast them there.

Side dishes - ciabatta bread, with olive oil and "dipping oil" herb mix, and a nice salad.

A nice white wine goes along quite well, too.

ReefLady

Staff member
Oh Michelle - thank you! That sounds heavenly. I appreciate it!

And LilGreen - I *love* pesto! Basil growing in the garden now (if we ever see sun). ;-)

ReefLady

Staff member
Michelle -

I made the Fettucine Carbonara last night, it was awesome! Thanks so much for the recipe!