OT: tonights Recipe

vdituri

bone in chicken breasts stuffed with bacon dill stuffing. topped with bacon strips and baked. will be served with green beans in butter......can you say healthy heart attack?

We will make sure your headstone says:
"Here lies Wit, He died like he lived, wrapped in bacon". lol :grind:

ReefLady

Staff member
Pork chops...some day I'l find a pork chop recipe I like. To me, they are always, well, tough. Grilled, seared, baked, I just can't get them tender. :-(

We had spaghetti/sauce, fried hamburg/ground turkey, salad and italian bread. Baseball season has started...so cooking (if there is time) takes on a whole different "flavor".
Practice for Varsity team is every day, 3:30-5:30pm. Games start 4/13, and will be Mon, Wed, Fri, & Sat - 4:00-7:00pm. That's one team. Babe Ruth League practice currently is Mon, Wed, Thurs, & Fri, 5:30-7:30pm. Games start mid-May, and will be Tues, Thurs, and Sat.
Can you say "eating on the fly"...? LOL

Last night we had crab legs! Yum, I was in heaven. Not sure what we are having tonite yet.

Victor, glad to know someone else besides me likes brussel sprouts, I love them!! and you like bacon, so have you ever tried a recipe using bacon & brown sugar?

Teri, I have a pork chop recipe that they always come out tender.

ReefLady

Staff member
Michelle could you post the pork chop recipe? No rush, but I'd love to try it.

Crab legs....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Teri, it's really easy & of course I dont have measurements as usual, just depends on how many I'm cooking for. You're good at that so...

Use center cut pork chops, do not remove the bone that keeps it moist whole kernel corn in the can
Le Sueur early (green) peas comes in the silver can. Can use any, just my favorite (I dont like to eat peas that pop, lol)
onions sliced into half rings
butter
salt, pepper

Use a shallow pyrex dish, cover the bottom with the onion rings.
If you can grill outside, grill the chops just long enough to sear the outside on both sides. Or sear them in a pan. Do not cook them, just sear
Layer the chops on top of onions, can overlap but dont stack them
Drain & pour can of corn on one side, peas on the other side, use enough to cover the chops.
Put slices of butter on top, be generous, lol. Then salt & pepper.
Cover tightly with foil & bake for 45 min on 325.

If you dont like peas, use all corn, etc etc

Easy weeknight meal in one dish!

vdituri

Victor, glad to know someone else besides me likes brussel sprouts, I love them!! and you like bacon, so have you ever tried a recipe using bacon & brown sugar?

Teri, I have a pork chop recipe that they always come out tender.

Recipe sounds great on the chops. I'll have to try that one.

For anyone reading that has a George Forman grill try them on that.
I love 'em that way too. lol

I have been craving brussel sprouts of late. Not sure why.
Had them with bacon for Thanksgiving. Will have to try with a little brown sugar and some onions. Sounds tasty! Thanks for the idea.

vdituri

O.k. So I replaced pork chops with pork loin boneless chops, the onion rings with sliced fresh onions, the peas with canned green beans and the butter with olive oil. Other than that it was just the same. lol
Threw in some sprigs of rosemary, tyme and garlic powder on top.
Turned out magnifico!

Teri, it's really easy & of course I dont have measurements as usual, just depends on how many I'm cooking for. You're good at that so...

Use center cut pork chops, do not remove the bone that keeps it moist whole kernel corn in the can
Le Sueur early (green) peas comes in the silver can. Can use any, just my favorite (I dont like to eat peas that pop, lol)
onions sliced into half rings
butter
salt, pepper

Use a shallow pyrex dish, cover the bottom with the onion rings.
If you can grill outside, grill the chops just long enough to sear the outside on both sides. Or sear them in a pan. Do not cook them, just sear
Layer the chops on top of onions, can overlap but dont stack them
Drain & pour can of corn on one side, peas on the other side, use enough to cover the chops.
Put slices of butter on top, be generous, lol. Then salt & pepper.
Cover tightly with foil & bake for 45 min on 325.

If you dont like peas, use all corn, etc etc

Easy weeknight meal in one dish!

Victor, thats what I meant was onions sliced into rings, geez I hope no one tries it with "onion rings" lol!!!!! hhmmm, never tried it with boneless, good to know it worked. next time I'm gonna add green beans, I love them, might just have all 3.

Last night we fired up the fire pit, enjoyed it for a long time, then cooked baked taters, & steak on a grill over the coals. Talk about a good steak, yum!!!

Tonight- had bowling, not going to mention dinner

vdituri

Victor, thats what I meant was onions sliced into rings, geez I hope no one tries it with "onion rings" lol!!!!! hhmmm, never tried it with boneless, good to know it worked. next time I'm gonna add green beans, I love them, might just have all 3.

I think either would work. I was picturing French Fried onions as the bed for the pork. I was trying to be healthier. lol

Craig Manoukian

Broiled bone in Pork center cur roast (5 ribs - yummy left overs), sauted portabellini mushrooms and zuchini, and fresh berries - no sugar.

sambrinar

Last night we had BLTs.. tonight I'm with you Michelle (where are we going?).... gonna pay some poor overworked person to serve me

ReefLady

Staff member
Long time no post. Thank you very much for the pork chop recipe...sounds awesome!
If anyone has any ideas for good crockpot meals, or really quick good food, let me know. Baseball season has begun, and the calendar is insane. Let's just say it's 7 days/week between now and July 1st, with at least 4 games/week. Doesn't leave much time for cooking. :)