OT: Sharing my excitement!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hey Stace thats wonderful! finally all that rent going to something worthwhile, enjoy your new freedom!

glampka

Way to go Stace!! Guess you're going to be looking for all your RS friends to come help you move!!

Stacef

You guys are all so wonderful!!

Now you do realize, I expect you here, May 28th 7am to move right?

I will provide beer. I will assign some of you to the tanks I will supervise to make sure it gets done properly!

hahah, Yes I know pics, they are coming, we haven't taken any yet, but will as soon as we go back for some more mumbo jumbo stuff.

Stacef

Yuck!! that's when it got rescheduled for. Sorry to hear that. Drink lots of OJ haha.

Stacef

Thanks everyone. We are going to the house tomorrow to measure windows for window treatments, so I will take pics then!!!!!!!

We are so excited, gosh as soon as we got the approval, Jeremy started talking about where the 220's going, and everything that will be in the fish room! Hahah, he is beginning to love it, he will be overwhelmed jumping from a 20 to a 220, but I will be there to settle him down. In which I am guessing you all will be doing for me when the time comes!

CATALYST

Make sure you save a little money aside. There are ALWAYS unexpected repairs in a new home. Make sure you opted for the 'new home' insurance that they offer. You never know...

SJS

Make sure you save a little money aside. There are ALWAYS unexpected repairs in a new home. Make sure you opted for the 'new home' insurance that they offer. You never know...

A little money!! HA! Are the current owners do-it-yourselfers?? If so, get a good handy man on speed dial and open a charge acccount at Home Depot and Lowes! (speaking from experience!)
Make sure you do a really thorough home inspection. Check to make sure doors and windows close and lock properly, check out the water pressure from the sinks/showers/tubs... Get a roof inspection (ours still leaked the first rain we had!) Also ask them for all the warranty information on any appliances/water heater etc.. that are in the house - Oh and instruction manuals. Our stovetop locks (who knew!! we couldn't figure out why the burners wouldn't light!!)
And have fun!

Stacef

Alright Steph, sounds like you had some bad experiences!

The guy that we are buying it from is a contractor..who flips houses. Completely! New windows, new doors, new carpet, new plumbing, new duct work, new electrical, even down to new insallation, new heater, new a/c, new kitchen appliances. Right off the bat the only thing that needs to be done is put a hole in the wall for my tank! Oh and take another wall out that I don't want there.

So we are excited because it's just like a new home! Thanks for your concern though, and yes we plan on getting a lowe's and menards account... you just never know!!

CATALYST

The people who owned our home were contractors as well...
The hot water heater leaked, the back yard faucets leaked, the laundry faucets leaked. They had spun the lighting fixtures to clean the lights and the wires were bound and breaking. I could go on... They did a great job on the tile and woodwork. There are ALWAYS things to fix.
One of our past houses had beverage tubing to fix the toilet beyond the shut off because they were too lazy to sweat in a new piece of copper pipe. The sewer line under the house was repaired with muffler sealer. Again, I could go on.