OT: Libations For Your Enjoyment

ZAPCOnj

I still prefer my all time favorite adult beverage.. Cristal Rose` chilled by the bottle.

cristalrose_1.jpg

and the second would be Patron Burdeos a nice sipping tequlia
granpatron-burdeos_r2.jpg

if you have a chance to try it i recommend it@!

lcstorc

Hokey smokes Lynn!
You party aminal! lol

Not anymore. Now I may have a drink once or twice a year.
Now when I was younger, there are a lot of stories. Most I remember but lots are embarrasing.

Those do taste great you just have to be very careful about how much.

ZAPCOnj

Stolie Orange & 7 up

in a rock glass filled with ice.

2 oz of stolie Orange Vodka
top off with 7 up or sprite or siera mist.
Garnish with slice of orange

Mix and MmmmmmMMmmmmMmmmm

:D

mps9506

ooo.... There is a new vodka made in SC that has been popular around here lately called Firefly. Mix it with tonic water or plain water and ice squeeze of lemon and it taste just like a regular Southern Sweet Tea. Not even a hard sweet tea, but regular Southern Sweet Tea (you northerns won't like this drink, way to sweet for "y'all"). It is dangerous, very easy to down lots of vodka this way... But delicious....

Other than that, I just like my Absolut and tonic with a lime thrown in. Simple. Maybe A Beam Black and Coke or if I'm feeling manly a Knob Creek or Maker's Mark on the rocks to sip on...

ReefLady

Staff member
(you northerns won't like this drink, way to sweet for "y'all"). It is dangerous,

I *love* sweet tea, and sausage gravy & biscuits, and grits... okra I will not touch though.
I have to travel periodically for work, and it's usually Franklin, TN, Chattanooga, TN, Tampa, FL, or Raleigh, NC. When I get back home I always start missing BBQ something fierce. :)

That sounds good. I wonder if it will ever make it's way up here.

My old standby is Absolut & 7up w/lime, or Captain's & Coke w/lemon.

lcstorc

ooo.... There is a new vodka made in SC that has been popular around here lately called Firefly. Mix it with tonic water or plain water and ice squeeze of lemon and it taste just like a regular Southern Sweet Tea. Not even a hard sweet tea, but regular Southern Sweet Tea (you northerns won't like this drink, way to sweet for "y'all"). It is dangerous, very easy to down lots of vodka this way... But delicious....

Other than that, I just like my Absolut and tonic with a lime thrown in. Simple. Maybe A Beam Black and Coke or if I'm feeling manly a Knob Creek or Maker's Mark on the rocks to sip on...

(Lynn goes to her fridge to get some sweet tea trying to imagine it is vodka.)

mps9506

I *love* sweet tea, and sausage gravy & biscuits, and grits... okra I will not touch though.

We try to spread our heart disease and cholesterol everywhere. We will take over the world via biscuits and gravy and fried pork chops and gravy... :D
You'll be able to find that vodka in a lot of bars in Raleigh next time you are down. I don't think there is a bar in Wilmington or any of the touristy beach towns that doesn't stock it now.

ZAPCOnj

you just can't get good sausage gravy and biscuits here in jersey. I don't think you can even order it in most places here.... last time i had it i was out in Lancaster.... and it wasn't even good..... the best place was down in Agusta...

vdituri

you just can't get good sausage gravy and biscuits here in jersey. I don't think you can even order it in most places here.... last time i had it i was out in Lancaster.... and it wasn't even good..... the best place was down in Agusta...

That's just sad. Sad I tell ya'. Everyone should have access to good biscuits and gravy. Should be a constitutional right. :bs:

ReefLady

Staff member
I'm going to try my hand at making sausage gravy & biscuits this weekend. I'm on a mission to be the first frozen yankee to make a darn good sausage gravy, y'all. I already make a mean biscuit, so heck, it can't be too hard, right?

Um, I think we need to post a drink recipe. ;-) Maybe Mint Juleps?

vdituri

I'm going to try my hand at making sausage gravy & biscuits this weekend. I'm on a mission to be the first frozen yankee to make a darn good sausage gravy, y'all. I already make a mean biscuit, so heck, it can't be too hard, right?

Um, I think we need to post a drink recipe. ;-) Maybe Mint Juleps?

Try adding anaheim chile peppers to the gravy. :p

um, o.k. Ruby red grapefruit and vodka. aka - Greyhound. :clink:

new reefer 03

i can make some awesome biscuits and gravy ( with sausage )! the quality of the whole gravy depends on the sausage to me. we get our sausage locally from a local meat market. also try "blue gold" sausage or something like that.. frozen, but its better than walmart stuff.

umm margaritas are good :) sorry i dont have a recipe on hand lol.

mps9506

The problem is you northerners are in love with this bland white gravy made from what my guess is snow, something we don't have access to in the south.. I don't think you guys put the grease in the sausage in with the gravy, you miss all the cholesterol that way....
Anyways, nice fatty sausage is the key. Cook the sausage (preferably in butter), leave the grease in the pan, add a tablespoon of flour at a time, and stir until it is browned. Keep adding flour until you are almost at the desired consistency, then add a touch of milk and simmer it down to the right thickness. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Another good southern drink:
In a tall glass filled with ice add 1 shot of southern comfort, half a shots worth of Lime cordial, and fill the rest of the glass with a good lemonade and enjoy on a hot day...

ReefLady

Staff member
The problem is you northerners are in love with this bland white gravy made from what my guess is snow

OMG - that is funny. It's been a cr*ppy couple of days, and I really needed a laugh - thank you. ;-)

And I appreciate the tip. I was looking at my 90% fat free sausage links thinking *this is just not going to make a tasty gravy*. :)

:) :)

yungreefer2410

NC and south don't go together :D. back in Louisiana it was the dirty south lol. but yea you need fatty sausage and use the grease. you can also cook you eggs in the bacon grease. it tastes really good