OT: I ruined dinner!

Royalscott

I had a pot of water boiling and cut up chicken tenders cooking in a fry pan. I thought I would check out Scotty's tank while the chicken and oil heated up. 15-20 minutes later, it hit me, oh s&$^, dinner! Tons of the water had boiled away and the chicken was cooked to the jerky stage.

I swear, I pull up a chair in front of that tank and I get lost in it. No matter what is going on around me, I tune it out and go to a peaceful place while gazing into the tank.

Anyone else had a mishap due to being lost in a reef?

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
LOL! pick a day, I usually flood another tank or the hot tub doing water changes, oh well Mickey D's tonight?

nikkipigtails

Lol...don't feel bad. After we bought our house, I was boiling water on the stove. Every other stove I've ever cooked on takes forever to boil water. So, I put the water on med/hi and went to go feed the fish. I wasn't even gone 5 minutes and came back to a melted...that's right, MELTED pot on the stove. Our stainless steel pot with a copper bottom had melted to the coil. Obviously, all the water had evaporated out of it and when I picked it up, the copper part stuck to the coil and I had a stainless steel pot with no bottom.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
That's when you know your a true Reefoholic. Well atleat the next time you zone out you ill have chicken jerky to tide you over and will not go bad.

Techno-Vicki

Or there is always, "the house cleaning can wait..." as I turn around now, it is really bad. Gotta get on it:)

BarbMazz

Or there is always, "the house cleaning can wait..." as I turn around now, it is really bad. Gotta get on it:)

No, no, no!! Hire someone to do that cleaning for you. It's worth every penny, trust me. I have someone come in every two weeks to do the heavy stuff that I can't do anymore. It's not that expensive and totally guilt-free.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Just out of curiousity what does it cost for someone to clean your house every 2 weeks? Maybe I'll treat the GF/Wife to a house keeper. Save her some work.

BarbMazz

Just out of curiousity what does it cost for someone to clean your house every 2 weeks? Maybe I'll treat the GF/Wife to a house keeper. Save her some work.

My house is 2700 sq ft and a team of four works for two hours. I have 2-1/2 baths and four bedrooms. It costs me $120 every two weeks. They bring all their own equipment, and do a wonderful job. I do tip them every few times. The company bonds and insures all their workers.

Ummmm.... do you have both a gf AND a wife? just askin'! :bouncer:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM

Ummmm.... do you have both a gf AND a wife? just askin'! :bouncer:

Good lord no one is enough:help1: . Some guys may want more I couldn't deal with two or afford two for that matter. I would definitely have a nervious break down. I get excited sitting here thinking about all that nagging. Be like a chain saw running 24/7 turn around and here it comes again. :chainsaw:

I'm just kidding. :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

I just didn't want to spell fiancée I have to copy and paste not sure how to get that little mark above the E LOL

I know it's sad.

Eric

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
hysterical.gif

BarbMazz

Good lord no one is enough:help1: . Some guys may want more I couldn't deal with two or afford two for that matter. I would definitely have a nervious break down. I get excited sitting here thinking about all that nagging. Be like a chain saw running 24/7 turn around and here it comes again. :chainsaw:

I'm just kidding. :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

I just didn't want to spell fiancée I have to copy and paste not sure how to get that little mark above the E LOL

I know it's sad.

Eric

My question really made you nervous, huh? :yup: you know, most women feel the SAME way about MEN? Yep. Yep, we do! :nekid:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I believe that 100% I think two of me would drive any woman insane if that is possible. LOL

It's definatly a 50/50 thing no doubt about that.

BarbMazz

I believe that 100% I think two of me would drive any woman insane if that is possible. LOL

It's definatly a 50/50 thing no doubt about that.

Good. As long as we're on the same page we'll do JUST FINE. LOL :columbo:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
It's a wonder she puts up with me to be honest all my projects/Hobbies the snakes, reef tanks, ect.

But hey back to the Chicken Jerky tenders. Can we package and market like turkey jerky?

CATALYST

I overflow my RO container all the time. Lucky I have lots of tile for easy clean up.
I have my mother-in-law come clean my house once a month because I don't have time. I pay her $102.