OT: Calling All Cats!!!

BEELZEBOB

whered y'alls cats come from?

i would feed mine drunk in the wee hours of the morn at my X's.

there mom would bring them buy evry weekend, then after a while i think something happened to her, because she dissapeared.

they were tiny. so i took them in.

caitrina

Muffin I bought, Squeaks came back with my son one day and Colors who I have not posted pics of yet was about 2 years old when my first late husband (yes, I am a widow twice in my life time) took her in when her owner died and she was grieving almost to the point of starvation, I came into his life at about this time also and then when he died I of course still had Colors, she is 18 years old now and still with me. Will post pics of her later...

XBwlr

"Nipping appears to be akin to human kissing..."

Hmm... well I'll be.

My cats Leather and Lucy came from a woman that takes strays and gets them Vet checked with their 1st shots. Then you have to "adopt" them. I think she charges like $20 or so.
When we moved to the country, my wife wanted an outside cat, so a woman at her work found 2 babies stranded in her bushes along side of her garage. They were sick and so tiny... my wife couldn't resist trying to help them. Well... they were brothers... Eanie and Meanie... Eanie has been missing for over a year now. :( But, we still have Meanie.

Someone dropped off Patty. She was too affectionate to be a stray. Came up to all of us... wasn't afraid at all. Before we were able to get Meanie fixed, Patty had the "babies" (Butters, Calie, Baby Patty and Graycie). She had 5 but one didn't make it.

Now... ALL the cats are fixed.

apjunky

This is Chyna and Simon our choc lab . They are best buds .
s-n-c.jpg

enzo-g10.jpg

Ginny and Enzo playing downstairs. i bought Enzo and adopted Ginny, who i cleverly just call Girl. they both love to sleep on the hood of my tank.

I got all of mine from shelters. Nobody adopts the black ones...

from what i was told by the CT Humane Society is that besides people's lame superstitions about bad luck it's that they're used more often in sacrifices esp. around the Halloween season. which means a much more extensive background check is needed.

XBwlr

They AIN'T gettin' mine!
This is Leather.
leather.JPG

She's my baby. :)

Here's Eanie and Meanie.
eaniemeanie.JPG

Eanie is on the right... RIP little buddy. :(

Patty (Mommy) and Graycie.
pattygraycie.JPG

And... last but not least...
Lucy.
lucy.JPG

bluespotjawfish

My neighbor's cat comes over for breakfast at my bird feeder every day. It's like a fast food takeout window! Drives my dogs crazy!

KodiakBear

Here's Oliver the day we got him (along with his four orphaned siblings). He's the only one of the litter that hasn't been placed as of yet.
kittens.jpg

Here he is a couple days ago. Mostly all grown up.
oliver.jpg

vdituri

Here's the squatters I got living in my house.
Lazy buggers need to get a job so they can support me when I retire.

Attachments

• boomer.jpg
    boomer.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 53
  • sasha.jpg
    sasha.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 53

vdituri

Don't feed them after midnight though!
And never get them wet!

Attachments

• Picture 526.jpg
    Picture 526.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 528.jpg
    Picture 528.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 54

hma

I love also cats…. but PLEASE… more from the distance .... !

b_5_%20(103).jpg

b_5_%20(106).jpg

b_5_%20(111).jpg

b_5_%20(127).jpg

I shot all pictures in South-Africa.

lcstorc

I want your cats Heinz. :)
Beautiful babies all of you. I'm suprised Woodstock has not added her beautiful Lucy yet.
Meanwhile Patches is in surgery as I type. Everything should be fine but send good thoughts please.
Oh and Katriana came from a rescue organization while KC and Patches are strays we took in. KC addopted us while she was raising her kittens outside. We found a fabulous home for the kittens and kept mommy KC. Patches showed up when we were trying to capture the kittens. Of course we were trying to bribe them with food so about a zillion strays and outdoor cats were hanging around for a while there.
The vet should call mid afternoon for me to bring Patches home.
The prognosis is good so hopefully all will be well again soon.

Kazzy

Here's my cat Tabitha:

Attachments

• DSCF0166#2.JPG
    DSCF0166#2.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF0235#2.JPG
    DSCF0235#2.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 44
since we're going that route here's Hercules the Liger with his trainer. in this picture he was 3yrs old and 900lbs, not even fully grown! he's in the Guiness Book of World Records for the world's largest cat.

hercul10.jpg

---- awesome!

kathywithbirds

OK, I'm in. The first is my Eenie, a little girl, somewhere around a year to year and a half. She and her 3 sisters were half dead when the shelter got them. They were named Eenie, Meenie, Miney and Moesha. Eenie was the worst off, they said she almost lost an eye. You can tell a little bit if you look hard that one eye is recessed.

The second is Max, who is sort of ours and sort of my mother's. He is a terror, thinks he's a person, and my daughter calls him "maxipad." (thanks to my sister who thought that was hysterical.

Attachments

• eenieballoonSM.JPG
    eenieballoonSM.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 33
  • MaxandSally2007SM.JPG
    MaxandSally2007SM.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 35

Octoman

Lynn, Hope everything went well with Patches.

Here's my lazy Kitty, talk about needing to get a job...

kitty2.jpg

kitty.jpg