OT: any hidden talents out there?

Cavinca

I draw as well, not as often as i should though... this is my first drawing ever.
manda4vy.jpg

Ill see if i can find a copy of my latest.

I Do 3d artwork.
First peice ever... i drew textures myself as well. the clouds actually revolved and morphed around the earth.
earth5vj.jpg

fully working SPYDAR paintball gun.
Spydar.jpg

Some small bay i photographed in florida and made in 3d and put in a game. the moon was added in game as a backdrop.
beach3ky.jpg

I also play trombone and have been teaching myself guitar for about 2 years.

althea2you

I draw as well, not as often as i should though... this is my first drawing ever.
manda4vy.jpg

Ill see if i can find a copy of my latest.

I Do 3d artwork.
First peice ever... i drew textures myself as well. the clouds actually revolved and morphed around the earth.
earth5vj.jpg

fully working SPYDAR paintball gun.
Spydar.jpg

Some small bay i photographed in florida and made in 3d and put in a game. the moon was added in game as a backdrop.
beach3ky.jpg

I also play trombone and have been teaching myself guitar for about 2 years.
wow.. thats pretty cool!!! is there a place we can see it all in action?

althea2you

I can rebuild carburetors. I used to frame pictures for galleries and museums. And, I can design and sew my own clothes. Here's my wedding dress I designed and made.

wed1.jpg
wed2.jpg

you can rebuild a carburetor?! dam girl!!! don't let me near it! if i look at it it will crack and pieces will fall off! LOL... i am horrible with anything like that!! and the wedding dress! WOW!!! its beautiful! very whimsical and classic ant the same time.. great job on that!!! i cant even get a button to stay on if i sew it! LOL.. ah well!

Cavinca

Depends on what you wanna see... the earth .mov is long gone. the paintball gun was an engineering project. and the beach is a modification to the game Medal Of Honor.

i have a myspace where i has this stuff but i believe imageshack shut down one of its servers. the 3D i really wanted to show was a working model of a 2004 convert. mustang gt. i had a pic of mars and the sun that i did a loooong time ago and turned into a photograph in photoshop. i may be able to find that one again.

BarbMazz

Wow! I am so impressed at the talented people here, but I have to say not a BIT surprised because I think reefing is an art as well. I think artistic people are drawn to this hobby.

I don't have any of the artistic talents evidenced so far. What I do is needlework, and I recently embarked on a project of copying one of my dogs onto needlework. Here's what I had completed in February.. I'm farther than this now but haven't taken any pictures lately:

feb26crossstitch.jpg

althea2you

Barb! how do you do that? do you have a guide you look off of? or is there just a picture? thats pretty cool! i don't think i would have the patience for that! :D and i love those dogs!! one of our friends had one named candy, she had the SOFTEST ears!!! aww!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Barb? I dont see any outline work so how you doing that? if its by eye alone thats remarkable indeed

BarbMazz

Barb? I dont see any outline work so how you doing that? if its by eye alone thats remarkable indeed

This project was born more than a year ago! I saw a kit that I loved, and it was $65, which I thought was outrageous, so I thought I could do it cheaper. HA!

I gave my nephew a photograph (he's a computer whiz) and he did something to it that showed all the different shading in black and white, and I don't have a clue what that was!
Then, I numbered all the major areas that were the same, with the photo next to it for reference. In areas that were shaded in-between colors, I used the two numbers next to it, and sometimes three colors. Sounds easy, huh? Took me about nine months!!!
I then went to a needlepoint store and sat there with the different threads, with my "map" and the photo and picked out the 43 different colors I had come up with. Some of the colors are blends of two of three threads that I mix before I sew.
My nephew then went back into the b & w that he made and turned it into quadrants and numbered the different areas per my thread numbers.
That became my template to follow.
Guess what it's cost me! Over $200!!! Not counting my time and my nephew's time of course. NEVER AGAIN. But, I'm glad I did it. And I understand why those kits cost so much!
Honestly, it will be VERY special to me when it's done, because it's MY dog, and MY effort, and my everything that went into it. But, to do the other three dogs I'm spending the $65 for the ready-made kits.

Emg

I love to sculpt but seldom if ever get the chance. Picked up some air dry clay for my daughter and whipped this together just for fun. It's not really that good and I never did finish painting it the way I wanted to. What's on there is just a base coat.

I also play the violin/fiddle......something I picked up about 6 years ago and I love it even more than my tanks....lol. Frankie, you want to learn violin....go for it !

My fiddle...
fiddle.jpg

althea2you

wow, thats a lot of work babr! i think i might have left that one after i bought the thread! LOLOL...

EMG: i did some stuff like that, but not great! for my sons diarama. LOL.. yours looks way better than anything i did! :p

BarbMazz

Sarah, for some odd reason I became very determined to do this project. I dunno what came over me! I'm almost 3/4 of the way done, and I'll be very happy when it's finished. Then I need to decide what to do with it; frame it, make it a pillow, etc.