OT: any hidden talents out there?

althea2you

or hobbies you all like to do? i love photography and drawing... just thought i would share a couple! im in the process of a drawing of my son right now, ill post that when i finish!

sizedforsig.jpg

_mg_0417sizedagain.jpg

funkpolice

Looking good. I used to do alot of charcoal drawing, but I haven't in a while. I've been doing some mixed media stuff (collage and spay paint). Unfortunatly, I wouldn't be able to post many of my pieces here, I tend to veer towards the dark and disgusting subjects. I'll see if I can dig up something "family friendly."
bill

Buddha

I've been brewing beer for 10 years now. The year I brewed my first stout, it actually one 5 out of the 6 times I enetered it in a competition. All the ladies in my family really liked the "watermelon ale". It has just a hint of a watermelon scent and taste, and finished out at 7.3% alcohol!!!

I'm hoping to plant wine grapes on my 8 acres with the year and start making my own wine too.

framerguy

Yeah, Sarah, those drawings are quite good! Excellent use of value and the change in planes is very convincing. That's hard to do, good job! I'll try to find some photos of drawings I've done. I don't do it much anymore though.

framerguy

Well, I didn't find any drawings but I linked to my page on our website. That's me in the frameshop and at the bottom of the page shows some of my paintings and frame samples. The very bottom right painting isn't mine..I don't know how it got in there.

The Art

Last edited:

leahski

sarah, WOW! those are amazing. i'm so impressed!

i've played cello for about 11 years now...but don't be too impressed, i'm really not that good.

althea2you

Booze: thank you!!! very much!!

Greg: those are very good! see i cannot paint! LOL.. i trty but i just am not good with colors! LOL.. very nice!

Leah: thank you so much! and i LOVE the cello!!! its so beautiful sounding!! dont be so modest! this is a thread for bragging! :D

dfurbee

Sarah, nice drawings.
Would also like to try the watermelon ale ;)
I paint with oils, will take some pics and post.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Here is a colored pencil drawing I did many moons age.

DSC_0006-6.jpg

I also play piano and I am currently taking violin lessons.:D

Frankie

RS STAFF
I always wanted to learn Violin! Good for you Doc!
Sarah your drawings are wonderful!
I use to make my own pastels and do all kinds of stuff in high school. Unfortunately like funkpolice most of what i did sstays put away. Heres one Booze will like.

Attachments

• 000_2350_edited (Custom).jpg
    000_2350_edited (Custom).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 39

althea2you

Sarah, nice drawings.
Would also like to try the watermelon ale ;)
I paint with oils, will take some pics and post.

ooh! cant wait to see! and thank you!!! how do you painters do it?! LOL.. i can color a mean coloring book page with crayons! LOL.. but as far as mixing the colors and stuff like that i cant do it.. i have an acrylic painting i have not finished... its eh.. lol maybe ill post it just to show you! LOL

althea2you

I always wanted to learn Violin! Good for you Doc!
Sarah your drawings are wonderful!
I use to make my own pastels and do all kinds of stuff in high school. Unfortunately like funkpolice most of what i did sstays put away. Heres one Booze will like.

that is so cool!!! :enter a toking emoticon: :D

althea2you

You guys who draw are amazing. I dont have the patience. I take photos and can also B-Box...

B-Box! i have never heard someone do that.. live i mean.. like in person... thats pretty cool.. how do you do it? cause i tried! LMAO and just cant make a noise remotley close to an actual tune or proper B-Box noise! LOLOL... and i have to say i felt pretty stupid afterwards! HA:scram:

CATALYST

I can rebuild carburetors. I used to frame pictures for galleries and museums. And, I can design and sew my own clothes. Here's my wedding dress I designed and made.

wed1.jpg
wed2.jpg