Ordering a Fish

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thinking about getting my little Dream Fish :bouncer:
Was wondering if anyone has tried the hold at delivery location for pick up?
So that you can pick up your fish up at the nearest FedEx or UPS location when it arrives or as soon as the open after it arrives? I'd like to know how it turned out for you?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Mine is 10 minutes away and I try to do this every chance i get. Facility is heated and its there by 9 or 10. Best way to do it.

Putt

I have used USPS hold, worked out just fine, saved from bouncing around in the delivery truck all day @ 5 degree's above zero.

LNP

Snelly40

yupp I have done it as well,,, fed ex always has it upfront where the clerks are so def warm and nice and easy

DaveK

I'd also recommend waiting for warmer weather, if you can. I find that spring and fall seem to be the best times to ship livestock.

I do wonder though, what is the dream fish you want to get?

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
If possible, have it sent to a business, ie work. I have mine sent there, and i always get the box by 930-10 am. Ladies up front are always happy to sign for fish/corals so long as i bring them pics of the new critters in the tank.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I'd also recommend waiting for warmer weather, if you can. I find that spring and fall seem to be the best times to ship livestock.

I do wonder though, what is the dream fish you want to get?

A Mandarin :dance:
But, my excitement just fizzled :(
I've been checking Reefs2Go for them to run a good special on what they call
"The Perfect Pair" combo of a Mandarin + 500 pods
They just listed it for $9.99 and when I clicked to add it it said "Out of Stock" :mad:
They don't answer their phone or emails according to the email reply I got back just now.
And it says to leave a post on their FaceBook...I go to their FB & it's apparent that they don't check it either or they surely would have deleted all the very NEGATIVE feedback that I just saw there.
Guess I'll wait for Spring or maybe I'll find one somewhere else.
Thanks for the good reviews on picking up at location tho!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Diana..... While I like r2go for pods, their coral and livestock have underwhelmed me every chance it has gotten. For a mandarin, I would go to a lfs or try to find one locally, this way you can see it. The difficult piece is getting them to eat things other than pods but they will eat pods! So the key is finding a healthy one and getting it locally is the best IMO.

I got mine locally, paid $75 for a pellet eating one and although I might have overpaid, dudes a stud and is beautiful!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
The ONLY reason I wanted to order the Mandarin from them was because they sell pods (and I love their pods) so I figure that the Mandarins that sell have been well fed.
I was very disappointed in the only coral order I ever got from them.
I think it's kinda :fishy:fishy:fishy: that the Mandarins & the pods sold separately are both showing "in stock" but the combo pack they have listed at the "special price" is "out of stock". :mad:
I've waited 20 years to have a Mandarin...Waiting a few more months won't hurt me, I don't reckon.

DSP

A Mandarin :dance:
But, my excitement just fizzled :(
I've been checking Reefs2Go for them to run a good special on what they call
"The Perfect Pair" combo of a Mandarin + 500 pods
They just listed it for $9.99 and when I clicked to add it it said "Out of Stock" :mad:
They don't answer their phone or emails according to the email reply I got back just now.
And it says to leave a post on their FaceBook...I go to their FB & it's apparent that they don't check it either or they surely would have deleted all the very NEGATIVE feedback that I just saw there.
Guess I'll wait for Spring or maybe I'll find one somewhere else.
Thanks for the good reviews on picking up at location tho!

World's had a couple fat mandarins in when I worked Sunday, if you decide to come this way, We also got in 90 sps frags tonight and a bunch of other coral! I have yet to see them so I'm not sure what all came They just made it to the airport! Biggest shipment they have ever had

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
That sounds AWESOME David!! WUW would be my only semi-local place that I would buy one.
My tank wasn't "pod ready" last time I saw one there. I think I want a male but it doesn't matter too much as long as it looks healthy. I usually send Brandon a text message before I drive that far when I'm looking for something in particular. If the road aren't icy....I may make a trip up there one day REAL SOON to get one!!
:woohoo::woohoo: Now I'm getting all excited again!! My refugium is teeming with pods :D