Orbit marine life 48 to 60 inches long

randy4083

I just bought this light and I was wondering if it's enough light for anemones and soft corals and I got bubble tip anemones and a couple of sabae anemones in the tank or should I raise them up closer to the light and I also have a led light that's 18 watts along with this light which is 46 watts and the tank is 48 inches long and 18 inches deep and 12 and a half inches wide so what do I need to do

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

randy4083

I've got the regular one and it says that it's enough for soft corals and low light sps corals so is it good enough for anemones

DaveK

I've got the regular one and it says that it's enough for soft corals and low light sps corals so is it good enough for anemones

This is incorrect. When we are talking about anemones such as a BTA or LTA, you need to use light almost equal to what you would use for SPS corals. The fixture in question is using about 1/2 watt LEDs. That's really not going to work long term for a larger anemone.

randy4083

But will it work for small ones until they get big cause I'll add another light or something

DaveK

I got a bubbletip anemone and 2 sabae anemones

But will it work for small ones until they get big cause I'll add another light or something

You have three anemones where even a small one is going to be faitly large. Anemones can also grow and split fairly quickly. Generally, I'd recommend you get better lighting now.. If you had all mushrooms and zoas it would be a different story, since they are a lot smaller and don't have the light requirements.

How large is this tank? Perhaps there are some other options.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
after reading DaveK great advise ^ I am trying to learn more too... came up with this...

How deep is your tank ?

From the specs on your light in Post #2
Typical Par Ratings Orbit Marine
0-1"
400+
1-6" 120-150
6-12" 50-70
12-18" 20-40
18-24" 10-20
24-30" 1-10

@DaveK or anyone that knows... Am I coming up with the "right" par level numbers in this post for a nem? a par reading of 150 at the deepest part of a tank will support most sps corals and nems

http://answers.seneye.com/en/Aquarium_help/marine_coral_reef_PAR_levels

https://orphek.com/about/kelvin-lux-lumens-par-pur/

http://melevsreef.com/node/678

Here a good read too...
Steve's LED PAR value in RSM 250

Last edited:

randy4083

So that pretty much means that I bought this light for nothing cause I don't think there's anything that would sit beside it on a canopy so I don't know what I'm gonna do now

randy4083

Is there anything that I can use beside this light or that sits a little bit higher that would work cause I don't want to waste this light that I just bought

randy4083

My 30 gallon tank has 1 ocean revive t227 on it so that's enough light for 2 rose tip anemones and 1 carpet anemone right

randy4083

Who would have a par meter what do they use them to do like electric cause I just looked and there expensive just to use 1 time and I want to see if someone I know has one but who would use them like an electrician or what

randy4083

Where can you buy a par meter that will work but doesn't cost a couple of hundred dollars just to use it once cause the one's that I seen when I googled it said there a couple of hundred dollars

randy4083

Will a volt meter work the same way as a par meter cause I know someone that has one of those