Opinion of 48" Current Outer Orbit 150 HQI w/ PC

I found a guy willing to sell me his fixture for $150. The PC lights are new, the MH will need to be replaced in 2-3 months.
This fixture is FAR better than the one I have now, but is it the right light for me? I'm thinking I would prefer MHs instead of the PC lights. Also my tank is 23" deep so I think I would benefit more from 250w MH.

Is the price right though? If I decide I do not like the light what price do you think I could resell it for?

tnwillia

I have the outer orbit 36" 2 150 HQI/ 4 T5 hood & the 24" 6 T5. Loved them and never had a problem with either. You can't beat the price assuming everything works!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's not a bad deal depending on what shape the "Unit" itself is in. Be sure to check the switches, fans, and splash shields.

Also MH is good but 150W wont really push a lot of energy into the deeper portion of the tank but a LOT stronger than PC.

As far as resell I wouldn't think you'll get much more out of it than purchase price.

It's not a bad deal depending on what shape the "Unit" itself is in. Be sure to check the switches, fans, and splash shields.

Also MH is good but 150W wont really push a lot of energy into the deeper portion of the tank but a LOT stronger than PC.

As far as resell I wouldn't think you'll get much more out of it than purchase price.

the unit is ovalish in shape

The unit is 5 years old. All 6 LEDs work. One switch has been replaced, the rest work. The fans work. All splash guards are in place, one is missing an end cap. PC lights were changed last month, Metal Halides are at least 10 months old (need to be replaced).

Still think its a good idea?