OMG! Caught the little bugger!!

Stevenmi

I will name it "The Blond yetti crab"

My daughter has fallen in "love" with him, so into a little 10 gallon in her room he goes.

I can't find any pictures of anything like this. Any suggestions would be very helpfull. Hairy rock crab?

Kinda cute...I think it is wearing those bigfoot boots from the early 80's.

Steve

Attachments

• blond yetti.JPG
    blond yetti.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 252

Gina

RS STAFF
Yikes! Don't know what it is called but, it's scarry!
Good job crab hunting!

Stevenmi

About 2" across...kinda scared me seeing him this morning pushing through my Zoa's to get back to his hole....in a 12 gallon.

Lesson learned...always check the holes x2 in your live rock. before adding it to the tank.

Gina:...I just had to go get him. Used a fishing line with a shrimp on it..tugged it along slowly and gave a quick yank then grabed him with a big pair of grabbers.

Steve

Gina

RS STAFF
It's my understanding that hairy crabs are evil. Witful would say they all are! LOL

Kensn

I had one very similiar to him... Mr. Fuzzy was his name. Never saw him do to much evil... Never really ever saw him much at all....

Stevenmi

hmmm.....Polydectus cupulifer or Pilumnus vespertilio, sure looks like one of them.

It will now live in a FOWLR tank...thanks everyone!!...

Steve

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Okay.. I am not a crab lover but that guy is adorable! I'm glad you're keeping him :)

lcstorc

That's the crab you were talking about! Wow! He actually looks pretty cool. Glad you were able to catch him and glad your daughter is going to keep him in her FOWLR. Wonder how big it will get.
Peace
Lynn

lcstorc

I'm pretty sure that yesterday Steve said it was about 2 1/2 inches across. The teddy bear crab is listed as "small" so probably something different. At least that is not my idea of a small crab. :)
Peace
Lynn

Vanquish

Yup... that's an authentic Hairy Crab... understand that it attacks smaller fishes and can cause havoc to your SPS... :(