Octoman's 10 gallon FW junkyard

Octoman

Today starts the chronicle of a new beginning. It's been many years since I've had a FW tank. My friend gave me this truck for my tank for Christmas and it has been sitting in my closet until today. I felt the knock of inspiration today and it will finally be unleashed in it's full bubbling glory later on this afternoon.

pPETS-3763511t400.jpg

Here are the specs:
10 Gallon AGA standard tank
Custom pine stand
Mesh screen top (I may upgrade to glass later on!)
Undergravel Filter powered by Air Pump/Air Stones
2" MGB (Medium Gravel Bed) - Ultrapremium Brownish Rivery looking Gravel
Heater with Controller
Single Tube T12-VSO Lighting
Awesome bubbling truck

I tested my tap water and it is pH 7.4 and KH 6.7, so I will be using a mixture of tap and RO/DI. I plan to keep a few community fish, tetras and what not, after it cycles of course. Pics to follow this evening after setup.

goldenmean

Nice truck Mark.
now you need a fridge and a toilet
and you could have a red neck front yard FW tank.
hee hee.

goldenmean

A broken couch with exposed springs.

I have seen that flush N Fish toilet before.
How easy are water changes!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
A broken couch with exposed springs.

I have seen that flush N Fish toilet before.
How easy are water changes!

:lol: It doesn't change the water silly. But you're probably just being silly!! :)

Mark I like your idea! Gonna be a COOL looking tank! What is that truck made of?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Don't forget the beer cans scattered all over the substrate!:laughroll
You're a mad man I tell ya!:lol:

davephelps5000

I know this is a little late, but i looked at those fish n flush things! They're pretty crazy! The site said they were on back order too; you can even get one. So either alot of people have already got em or maybe they stopped making them.

Octoman

What is that truck made of?

Plastic, it says its non-toxic and fish safe.

We are on the hunt for new decor for the junkyard. I got the stand built and the tank going yesterday and I'll get better pics after I pick up a light. I'm going to feed and put some bacteria spores in to get the cycle going.

truck.jpg

I tried to catch the hood in action...
hood1.jpg
hood2.jpg

althea2you

you should see if you can find a couple stacks of tires... like a plastic mold of tires all stacked up! LOL.. that would be perfect!

Octoman

We are still on the hunt for more junk for the tank. Jenny painted the stand and I painted the back of the tank. It has been cycling for 12 days and I'm hoping to be ready for fish soon!!

Here's a couple more photos...

FTS-9.jpg

truck-1.jpg

Tru2nr

it says itsa SW safe but not coral safe...what kind of sw fish could u put in a 2.2g tank seriously tho id bet u'd see a pic of a yellow tang and about 5 clowns swimming around if they advertised sw