Ocellaris Clownfish breeding - Wish me luck!

sandyc

Doni Marie's thread has inspired me. My clownfish have been laying eggs for 3-4 years now but I have never tried to raise the babies. I am going for it this time!!:whstlr:

My fish laid their eggs tonight around 5 PM. I took pictures during the laying and will post them as soon as I figure out how to do it.

I ordered the rotifer package from Reeds and it is due to arrive tomorrow. I hope I have enough time to raise the quantity I need. Does anyone know how long it takes to culture enough Rotifers to raise a batch of larvae?

I am excited and hope for the best. I will keep you posted.

sandyc

I hope the photo sizing is ok. Here is a picture of the spawning process.:sblush:

Attachments

• 2008 08 05 009upload.jpg
    2008 08 05 009upload.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 436

sandyc

One more picture of the egg laying process and one of the final product.:bigbounce

Attachments

• 2008 08 05 012upload.jpg
    2008 08 05 012upload.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 426
  • 2008 08 05 017upload.jpg
    2008 08 05 017upload.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 427

sandyc

I used photoshop to make the photo files under 50kb as required but my pictures seem smaller than other pictures. Can someone tell me if there is a better process to use when uploading jpeg files?

BigJay

I used photoshop to make the photo files under 50kb as required but my pictures seem smaller than other pictures. Can someone tell me if there is a better process to use when uploading jpeg files?

upload them to a site like photobucket (its free) and then just insert the IMG tag here.

sandyc

OK, I set up the photobucket account but I will need a little more help. How do I insert the tag? Sorry, I am new at this.:smck:

sandyc

20080805009.jpg

It worked!!! Thanks Blake:laughroll

Devnull

WOW Sandy, I am jealous...I wish my clowns were already laying eggs. Congrats to you and good luck with the process.

sandyc

I received my rotifers today and am preparing the water to release them into. The directions say to adjust the pH of my water to that of the rotifers. Unfortunately, it does not say what to use to adjust the pH. I checked on their web site and there is a link for information about adjusting the pH unfortunately, it isn't working right now. Can anyone tell me what to use to take the pH from 8.4 to 7.2?:dunno:

sandyc

WOW Sandy, I am jealous...I wish my clowns were already laying eggs. Congrats to you and good luck with the process.

Devnell, keep up the great work and the eggs will come. A while back someone told me to use Rod's food. When I switched food the eggs followed. It may have been coincidence but then again there may be something to it. Why don't you give it a try?