Oceanic 30 cube In wall OVER THE TOP.

Hello fellows. I am new here at RS. I started planning building around October. My tank has been set up for going on 5 months doing great and running strong.

Over the top! and you will see why.

Tank- 30g cube Oceanic
Refugium- 15tall
Sump- 20g oceanic tank
Light- 250w Radium in Lumenmax II drivin by a Vertex E-Ballast
Skimmer- Euro Reef RS-100
Return- Eheim 1260 with ball valve return

Other Equipment:

-Phos reactor
-Aquamedic Twin doser
-HOB filter for carbon (until i get a carbon reactor)
-DIY Controll Box (I am a industial electrician)
-PH monitor
-DIY Led moonlight
-DIY Heat Relocating Vent Exhaust Fan

And It begins. Pop one open now.

the hole

DSC01292.jpg

Tank stand. Very over done, got carried away and had a bit to much to drink. At this point in the built I was pulling all nighters.

DSC01294.jpg

me with the frame I made. Eglish Chestnut Stained. (it not done)

DSC01307.jpg

Now its done :p Blackout spray method, really brings it out.

DSC01559.jpg

the tank, 30cube by oceanic. 3/8'' glass. drilled 2 holes for 1'' bulkheads. (one for saftey as i will not be using overflow boxes, just elbow and drain.

DSC01554.jpg

the inside of closet, Temp wiring.

DSC01575.jpg

since my closet doesnt go all the way to the 12foot ceiling I had a great oportunity to DIY my a evac fan. not sure if this has ever been done before, never heard of anyone doing it. but I like this.

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

DSC01452.jpg

DSC01682.jpg

DSC01581.jpg

this is not my 20k bulb.. even though some pics looks like its a 20k its just the camera...

DSC01580.jpg

and thats that for the evac.

DIY control box :)

DSC01773.jpg

DSC01772.jpg

DSC01774.jpg

DIY led Moonlight

P7020313.jpg

On a dimmer.

P7020325.jpg

ER Skimmer.

DSC01897.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

refugium

DSC01753-1.jpg

Now with the temp wiring and recpticals gone (have the control box installed on the otherside)

DSC02181-1.jpg

now some tank shots. :p

Tank-1

DSC02170-1.jpg

Tank2

DSC02180-1.jpg

Fire and Ice Zoanthids Showing good growth!

DSC02153-1.jpg

Really cool zoanthids

DSC02154-1.jpg

Big zoanthid colony

DSC02156-1.jpg

Somehow this green one got on Jasons Mushrooms. Kept colonies 10'' apart.

DSC02157-1.jpg

Pruple Tipped Frospawn Spawn Reproducing. Look closly and you can see how its splitting off.

DSC02151-1.jpg

Green Millipora (sps) Opening Pylops

DSC020792.jpg

Pylops open. Very slick.

DSC02178.jpg

Green cap (sps) opening up as well, just put in today.

DSC02186-1.jpg

Orange Digi (sps)

DSC02179-1.jpg

6-line wrasse.

DSC02176-1.jpg

DSC02172-1.jpg

Euroreef rs100 getting some foam.

DSC02182-1.jpg

thats it. :) Hope You all enjoyed my build. Yes.. its way over the top for a nano. But I like it. Take more pride in the behind the seens work than I do my actually aquarium :p

This was my first SW tank. Love my new hobby. 12 years of freshwater and I feel like a changed Man.

Jeremy0322

All I have to say is wow, that is one of the most awesome "small tank" setups I have ever seen, props to you man :thumbup:

sofites: (need to get rid of soon though)

Xenia- Elogance, Silver Branch, Blue.
Kenya tree
Some type of leather mushroom (left hand bottom)
Red mushroom
GSP
Pink Encrusted Gorganthian

Zoanthids:
Fire and ice
Wammin Watermellons
Mean green
Radio Active Dragon Eyes
Piecing Teals
Unknown big colonies of basic greens and reds

Green pallys, Tiger pallys. probably more.

LPS: Pink tipped frogspawn, Purple Tipped frogspawn, Torch

SPS: Green pavonia, Superman monti, Orange Digi, German blue Digi, Elkhorn, Orange and Green Cap, Green millipora,

thanks. I had taken pics of every coral in the tank but just recently have I actually got.. Well what I am just going to say. "Decent" looking pictures and thoose are them.

lots of fiddling with cameras expecially my P&S cybershot.

I had to go with a Digital Timer on the Right hand side in the control box. The Pushbutton in the cover Hit it on the Dial when I closed the box. Not letting the Dial Spin to turn on my Day Cycle. It took me 3 days to notice that something was wrong. I work 12 hour days on the weekend so the cycle starts and stops while im at work so I didnt realize it till that monday.

My corals were very upset with me.

proenca

great job on the tank, love the heavy duty control system ( nice nice ! ) and props to the extraction system ( isnt it very loud ? )

very nice m8 !

marineflake

Over the top is an understatement! Great looking work! Would love to see some more photos of the front of the tank in the wall. Awesome!

REEFFLIX

RS Sponsor
Very Impressive! Your electronic control board looks like something from the space shuttle! :clink: Well thought out. Do you have any shots from a distance looking at the tank in the wall?

reefsmoker

LMAO dude that command center of a controller you have is awesome. Looks like a friggin bomb!

Do you work for NASA, lol? i swear i saw that in a space shuttle while watching discovery. All in all i absolutely LOVE how over-board the cube is, i can't wait for the wife to get home and show her what I'd like to do for my next tank, hahaha:laughroll

Jess

Holy !@#!

Will you marry me? :laughroll

Ok fine, I'll settle for FTS from the front so we can see the effect with the frame!!!

Nice work!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
LOL! Jess you must really like his.....

workmanship!

This is a SWEET project! I would love a FTS like Jess mentioned!!

Jess

Yes Allen, I really do like his...........................................workmanship!

All that woodwork :)

hahah, "will you marry me" thats funny, thanks though.

No I do not work for nasa, sorry.. Im just an industrial electrician. Control panel does work good though, definatly not needed but fun to show off like.. yah i did that!

I dont have a camera anymore. Ill try and get some shots though soon, Ive remodeled my appartment and didnt want to take new shots till it was all done, then the camera left me. :(

tanks running good still. Everything is looking good. 6line got into refugium and I killed it trying to net him.. took about an hour, started getting a little put off and swopped the net a little to hard and smash.... It happens to the best of us.

Neon Dotty Back is in there now, looks great, doing fine.