not sure?

I am just starting out (tank is about 2 weeks old) so I am not going to start guessing. I thought it was an anenome, but I really am not sure. It wasn't there yesterday.

masters2-6.jpg

leahski

does it move? like, have you seen it be on different places on the rock or anything? or is it stationary.

i'm new to this, but at first glance i'd guess that it's some sort of zoa-like polyp.

it just appeared today and I had not seen it before so I guess it moved? I will see if it is anywhere new in the morning.

it has now moved to the top of the rock and I am 99% sure it is an anenome. It looks more like a rock flower anenome, but I will take a better pic later today.

goldenmean

I agree with the rock flower nem.
It probably just split due to stress of the cycle.
Have you fed him . .err them?
They like meaty chunks like deli shrimp or squid or silversides.

I will post more pics if I can, but this rock seems to be the hangout place since at least 2-3 of the hermit crabs will be there and the anemones stay right next to eachother. Its hard to get a good pic of them since something is always blocking them. I assume hermit crabs are immune to the sting?

I have tried feeding them brine shrimp and krill, but I haveonly had success once with the brine shrimp trying to get them to take it. Since my tank is still new I don't want to get crazy trying to get them to eat. They are both really small - about the size of a dime and thus are hard to feed. I bought some long tweezers so I will give it another shot.

Do I have to feed them? They stay nice and open when the lights are on and I have never seen them shrivel up or with their mouths hanging out. I read they get alot from the lights in the way of nutrition and through the water. I just don't want to put too much extra food into my tank since I am trying to get the nitrates down to 0 (they are at 10).