not so nano

Maxx

Caja,
That is a LTA....M.doreensis. I have one very similar to that in my tank. The real give away on that is the way the tentacles curl slightly. Another name for the LTA is corkscrew anemone...caue of that goofy curl.....the curl is usually more pronounced on mine, but it varies on individuals...
I have no idea on those pesky water buffalos......obviously you have something in the tank that contributes to their existance....excess nutrients maybe? Rinse your food in RO/DI water, (then discard the water), do several water changes, and cut down on your photo period.
HTH
Nick

Dingo

We can't vote Caja out. She wrote a veto clause for all votes into her contract.

Your tank looks great Caja. Is the Clown hosting that anemone? It sure looks happy there in that crevice. I didn't realize that the hood had an open top too. Do you get a lot of light into the room?

You are really giving me the bug to move to a bigger tank that can fit a clam. I'm thinking something huge, like a 20. Gigantical.

Maxx

You are really giving me the bug to move to a bigger tank that can fit a clam. I'm thinking something huge, like a 20. Gigantical.
Fight the urge Dingo......next thing you know you'll be running w scissors in your hand, turning lights on and leaving the room...
it'll be total chaos....
Nick

caja

yes indeedy, that anemone is hosting the fish.

Dingo, we came home after dark the other day and the only lights on in the house were the tanks. the house was glowing blue from the front window. the aliens had arrived. so ya, you might say theres some light escaping the hood, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper to vent the hood with the top and back open than to buy a chiller.

caja

this anemone is growing at an alarming rate. it's only been in the new tank for a little over a week and when fully open it's about 9" across. the little clarkii is about 1 1/2". the clarkii takes very good care of his anemone, always feeds it first before it eats. a few times a week I toss in a piece of krill for the clown to take to the anemone, and it eats whatever I feed the tank on a daily basis. flake, pellets and frozen.

Maxx

Caja,
feeding it on a regular basis is only going to make it grow faster. I only feed mine every other week or so to keep it from over running my tank. Mojoreef swears he's seen one of these over 4 feet across in a friends tank! Said it took over a 90 gallon all by itself. And he was feeding it daily to begin with.
"Feed Me Seymore!"
Just a heads up....
Nice looking anemone though.
Nick

drdrew

caja.

your fairy wrasse is pretty.

his fate is likely to be either outgrowing that tank (my fairy wrasse looked a little cramped in a 54) or more likely carpet surfing.

be aware that they like to jump when you put your hands in the tank for any reason. so, when your cleaning your tank and something flips by you...it's not a bat. it's your fairy wrasse.

and they like to look like they have ich. but a lot of times it's sand from their sand diving tactics.

Dingo

Originally posted by Craig Manoukian
Anemone Police alert! They host the fish, not the other way around!:D

I'm picturing a drunk clown wearing the anemone on his head like a lampshade.

caja

luckily the fairy wrasse dives behind the rocks when I stick my hand in the tank, which unfortunately has been a daily occurence because of the two turbo snails nightly bulldozing maneuvers. dang snails.