not so nano

caja

no flatworms sighted as of yet, but as sponge bob would say...

I'm ready! I'm ready!

I bought him about 8 months ago just cuz he's a way cool fishy. my clarkii doesn't seem to think so tho. he has spent the last two days harrasing the wrasse, which is pretty funny because the wrasse is bigger than the clown.

drdrew

i'm thinking of getting one...to hopefully eat some flatworms...

but then again...if it wasn't for all the flatworm siphoning i do, i probably would never do water changes!!

ScottT1980

Caja, looks great! I have been drooling over some cubes lately, perhaps impulse will soon give in...

i'm thinking of getting one...to hopefully eat some flatworms...

I do the same thing you do Drew as far as very consistent water changes with siphoning. I will say that my 6-line's belly is constantly distended and so I am assuming it is taking out some of the population (I have never personally seen him eat a flatworm so perhaps I really do have that many pods in the tank).

Take er easy
Scott T.

Witfull

looks great!! i love the cabinet....was that a custom job? as far as the clam goes,,,they dont jump (subliminal messege to him....clams dont jump...clams dont jump.....dont jump dont jump!!!) how bout a close up of him?

Why is the clam so high up in the tank?
The tank corals and hood are nice!You might need a fan to exhaust some of the heat inside the lighting hood later on.

VINA

caja

sure drew.

vin, the top of the canopy and the back are both open. the heat disperses just fine. temp has been holding steady at 78 degrees.

here's my blurry clam.

Maxx

Caja,
I just stumbled on this thread...been a busy coupla days.....
This is awesome!! Your tank looks great! What kind of anemone is that on the right? Is that a Gonipora up front? Its kinda tough to tell from the pic...
Can we see some more shots of the tank, and its inhabitants?
One last question..... Aren't you worries that the rest of the Nano-Kids are gonna vote you off the island now that you are over the 20 gallon mark?:D
Nick

caja

voted off? nope, won't happen. I have a 2.5 gallon nano too. see, I know how to work the system.

that anemone, I think...is a heteractus malu, from what I have been able to ascertain from my web searches. (altho I may be wrong) it was just a baby when I bought it 6 months ago, and it's foot was clear. when I moved it into the cube the other day I noticed that the foot is now turning orange. might just be an LTA after all. I'll post a pic of it and see what everyone's opinion is.

I'll snap some close ups tomorrow. no goniopora, it's a xenia on the sand front and center. want it?

Maxx

no goniopora, it's a xenia on the sand front and center. want it?
Ummm....no.
Just got rid of some Anthelia that was attempting to spread through my tank.
I'll post a pic of it and see what everyone's opinion is.
I fits got verrucae and a red base, its most likely an LTA.
Also From what I've been able to read, H.malu has short stubby tentacles...that might be a H. crispa.....
Here is a link that might help you out....
Not all of the pics are the greatest...The one of the LTA (M. Doreensis) is horrible....but it might help.
Nick

caja

thanks Craig. I just bought a baby squammy to place on the sand.

here's that anemone I was telling you about.

drdrew

what about these pest water buffaloes?

will joes juice work on them?

cube.jpg