Not again!

Triggerjay

Man, I can't wait to start ZEOVit! The last couple of days I noticed in my BB 55g fuge, a new to me type of algae.. Really kinda pretty stuff... until that is, I found out what it is... I have bryopsis! Before I knew what it was, I was removing it from the glass by scraping the base of it, and removing it from the tank with my fingers.. I am sure I spread the spores or whatever mechanisim it uses to multiply into the water column. JUST GREAT! So, after a little research, I see Foxfaces love to munch the stuff,... so if it ends up in the DT, hopefully he will keep it in check... So, heres the plan... Buy some Kent tech M, and raise the Mag SLOWLY to around 1800, 2000ppm.... Hold it there until the bryopsis is gone, and then SLOWLY bring it down by doing WC's.. Has anyone else had success with this method? or methods that are a bit less involved? It sucks because I have worked so hard to get my levels where they are, and stable... Now, I have to intentionally throw off my chemistry.. Not looking forward to this battle, but it has to be done..

Jason

Frankie

RS STAFF
Starting the zeo just might be the answer Jason. It will starve out any algae.
I am sure if it is in the fuge then the display is infected also. You just don't know it because the rabbit is doing it's job ;)

Triggerjay

I would rather go the ZEOVit route to correct it Frankie... I REALLY REALLY don't want to play with my water chemistry when I have things dialed in so well..

Jason

Frankie

RS STAFF
I would suggest posting your troubles and thoughts in your thread on Zeovit.com Jason for possible answers. That's if you have no doubts your going to use zeo. If not we can help you fix it :) I only suggest this because no one here really knows about zeo, (other then Boomer and Vicki a bit) and you might not need to mess with things in the conventional way~