no supplements in tank

i run a 40 gallon long tank with t5 lights, my corals are toadstool xenia gsp yellow polyps zoas and some palys and also a rock nem. I do not put anything in my tank except 10 percent water changes weekly, i also do not test anything at all anymore since my tank is mature. my corals all do great spread like crazy frag like crazy but it is now filling out a little to much and i am worried i am not going to have nutrients in my tank.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Do you have any live-stock in the tank like fish etc?

I don't supplement my tanks... your water changes will help export nasties and replace depleted trace elements.

good i didnt want to mess with a good thing i have going and do not want to goof with it but i almost feel like i should be ashamed of myself for not adding supplement and testing for everything

Johnly

LOL, I know, but I don't use a test kit after the tank cycles. As long as everything looks healthy, then all is good for me. Water management ahead of time is always better than "test" until there is a problem I think. I used to use test kits a lot, but I am throwing my money away at this stage using them. They are good to have on hand though, and help new reefers get used to what it takes to avoid problems:)

Last edited:

BobBursek

I used to do 30gal WC every 2-4 weeks, now I do 3qts a day and the tank looks great all the time, but I do have to add Mg and Ca.